• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Must say 2 thumbs up on this board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Well I had planned to go Intel but then the cost of board and chip scared me away and I had committed to selling my 8RDA+ and 1700 Tbred which screamed along prett darn good.

So once sold I was out a board and chip so I decided to try the Soltek 75FRN2-L and a Tbred 1700 JIUHB XPMW 0310 DLT3C.

Snap setting it all up and off the bat 11 x @200 fsb with 1.60 vcore and vdimm at 2.7 using timing settings of 5-2-2-2 on the OCZ PC3500 EL DDR 2x256. Sandra scores coming in around 3090/2920. Not too shabby , now I am at 11 x 205 stable as a rock and I am sure I can go 215-220 x10.5 for some serious bandwidth. Board came with latest bios D1.1L and the chip runs really cool. The board and chip cost me an extra 20 after I sold my stuff and my 8RDA+ would not go as high, however it offered the firewire and better onboard sound by FAR.

But fopr what I spent I am happy how about you others with the Soltek board ??

Cisco Kid

I have access to multipliers from 5 to 18. This board is excellent, I ran 215 fsb with same timings as below no issues 1.625 vcore and 2.7 vdimm , but I am sure the ram will run 5-2-2-2. I just tested this quickly as its late and I have to crash.

Truthfully for what this board costs I give it 2 thumbs up, much easier overclocker than my version 1.1 8RDA+ was, also it comes actvely cooled and I have addeed nothing to the SB. Will run more tests towards weekend. BTW at 210 FSB I scored 3241/3051. My ram is OCZ PC3500 EL DDR 2x256.

Cisco KId :clap:

awesome bandwidth. do you think i should get it at googlegear.com for $92 shipped or wait for newegg to lower their price from $105. i wish i would have got it when it was $79.99 at newegg ,but i just got my first job after the prices started going up.

I would grab it for 92 as you do not know when newegg.com will drop price again. IMHO the 75FRN2-L board represents excellent value. Yours will do exactly what mine does I have seen alot of consistency from users with the same board on various sites.

And yeah the bandwidth I am getting is serious and I am sure it will get better once i reach max on the board and chip.

cisco kid

I have the board, too. It's great. Great o/c features and high fsb. I would def. reccomend it.

drewthomas14 said:
lol. well i bought it b4 i saw your post. but still ,thanks for the opinion

you got it installed and running sweet yet or what lets hear some feedback

cisco kid

just got it today. nice package and cool bag it comes with. i won't be able to install for about 2hrs cause i gotta go get some training for my first job that will be paying for this motherboard.

well i got it installed ,but when i was trying to reseat the heatsink my screwdriver slipped and i think i hit the board but im not sure. im installing windows now, so far so good. i see somewhere where i might have hit it with a screwdriver but im not sure. if it runs 3d and everything ill just let it go and assume i either missed it or didnt do any damage.

lol.. just found it. usually its under the same as the fsb. o well thanks. my board is working good so far even though i hit it with a screwdriver. i ran 3dmark2001 a couple of times. im at 11x200 right now with everything default except 2.7vdimm

Here's a question for you.. Anyone ran any tests to see if there is any difference runs dual channel in slots 1 and 3, versus 2 and 3?
Can't be much of a difference, but just wondering.

drewthomas14 said:
lol.. just found it. usually its under the same as the fsb. o well thanks. my board is working good so far even though i hit it with a screwdriver. i ran 3dmark2001 a couple of times. im at 11x200 right now with everything default except 2.7vdimm

nice nice pretty sweet board to do 200 fsb outa da box on default vcore, would you not agree. I am at 210 @ 11 mulit just have not had time to fiddle. I posted to desktop at 210 @ 12 multi with 1.650 and 2.8 vdimm and vdd @ 1.6 but my mouse was able to move around nothing would load though.

Will get back to you guys when I max out

Cisco KId

this board is starting to get on my nerves. at 11x200 it can only run prime for 4hrs then i get a rounding error. maybe that screwdriver did some damage after all. i have it at 11x200 1.675v on cpu and 2.7vdimm and 1.6vdd. it should be able to do at least 200 with default vdd.

Back