• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D&#39oh! Where&#39d the stability go???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SLOAero

Okay, my hardware seems to be pretty standard, so I shoudln't be having any problems, right? I'm running a duron800@1gig and havingstability issues. I can't get INTO windows. It posts fine, boots fine, but right after it asks for a pass (sometimes before) everything freezes 'cept for my mouse. The whole system just sorta stops.

If anyone knows what to do, PLEASE reply to this one. Oh, uhm, I'm running a 300 Watt power supply, that should be more than enough for one HDd and a DVD-rom and a CD-RW, right?

what's your voltage?? what cooling are you using? what mobo? what system settings?? please give more information.

Need more specs, but if i had to guess I would say that you need more volage, or your running you memory out of specs. Or you pushing you memory to much that it cant handle it. Is it PC100 or PC133, and if it's generic memory you would be lucky to get it stable over it's default settings. I have Kinston 128 PC100 running Cas 2 at 133fsb, if I run it over 138fsb I lose all stability. Just an idea.

Sketch

I dont think it has anything to do with your processor or ram at all. From my experience with my duron, hardware crashes are always the "hard" crashes. Like the system totally locks, no mouse movement, no nothin. Have you tried a fresh install of windows or even formatting your hd and installing windows again?

again just my personal experience with overclocking crashes, you guys correct me if im wrong.

try removing all cards(except video). if it still crashes, then its your ram,mb,or processor.

my opinion is: either not enough Vcore or too high of a processor temp....or both.

post your voltages, temps, ram, clock/bus speed etc.

Nobody's bothered to post the obvious: maybe you are running your processor too high.

You posted this as a question "Where did the stability go???" That suggests that your system was once stable? Well, if it was stable when the chip was at 950 MHz, but not after you set it to a gig, that might answer the question, etc. What has changed in your systems since it was stable?

nadorak is right ,,might just be a crooked heatsink ,or the thermal pad just dried out or melted away also

Back