• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 19"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kilomph

Registered
Samsung 975MB 19" CRT, any good? I just noticed we got a display forum, real cool. I already ordered it, but I can still send it back once I get it. Is it a good monitor? Know of any betters around the $300 (had to get rid of my p225f 22" because viewsonic just sucks)? Does anybody have any experience with this company/monitor? I game atleast 6 hours a day, so i like high refresh rates but I wont go below .25 dp :) Thanks

I have a 955DF 19" and I love it. Great menu options, very crisp, clear text, great Degauss function, it will make speakers buzz if they are near to the monitor when you do it. Color is great, mine has a feature called 'highlight zone' that lets me brighten the monitor for short 3 hr bursts so that I can see better. It only lasts that long so that you don't burn out the tube.

Samsung makes great monitors, mine was only $211 after tax and rebates

I have a SyncMaster 900P 19" its treated me very good.
I got it and a 17" on ebay for $150. I had to drive to N.Y. to pick them up. been about a year now never a problem.

I have a Samsung 950b, and it is a nice monitor it also has the highlight zone feature. I'd say Samsung makes a very good product and I would recomend it.

Bahamet said:
I have a Samsung 950b, and it is a nice monitor it also has the highlight zone feature. I'd say Samsung makes a very good product and I would recomend it.

Ditto here.

I just took delivery from Newegg today. $180 with free FedEx shipping.

got the Samsung 957MB, its nuts. I love it, its .2 pitch and it doesn't have those two annoying lines in the middle of the screen! I'd highley recommend it. Only $300 all together including shipping from technoweb

nice, only difference between the 955 and the 957 series is max res, mine only hits 1600, yours goes to 17 summin' I think....

Mine has the .20 Horiz Dot pitch and no lines in the middle.
Combined with a little Antec Lighting and the fact that its a silver/black model, it makes for one very awesome looking monitor. Especially playing movies, and watching The Matrix with the speakers turned up to make the sounds active lighting from Antec pulse to the movie. Just kicks the Parrots ( Viewsonic joke ) *explitive*!!! Replace explitive with your choice..

I also have the 955DF 19" and its been great to me for 3 years now. I think I got it for $350 with a $50 mail in rebate from compusa.

DarkHawk where is this highlight zone you spoke of? I havent seen it anywhere on mine.

May be reserved to newer versions of the 955df only, dont know. But mine has a button next to exit that says highlight zone, it allows me to change the settings of highlight zone and to turn it on and off.

Three thumbs up, I love mine

After a lot of research I got a 957MB, came in the mail about a week ago. I'll be damned if it isn't the best 19" picture I've ever seen.

It's rated #1 of all 19" monitors on PC World. I read all kinds of reveiws on different models and it seemed like every one, even the "good" ones that a lot of people have, had some kind of flaw that to me wasn't acceptable. Except for the 957MB. I am so glad I bought this thing!

I don't know if any of you guys have ever heard "clicking" montiors (they click when changing resolution, like in games) but they are annoying as hell. The 957MB is dead silent. Also, its profile (size, depth) is pretty small. It's a flat screen, and as one guy said, there's no dead pixel rows! I cannot stand Trinitrons for that reason and will never understand people who use them.

Yea, i'm so glad I bought it. What Hz are you gettin at 16x12? I'm only gettin around 70...

Aperature grill is the only way to fly...Go over to tomshardware and read the 19" CRT comparison...Give you some information on the technologies used...ViewSonic P95's are a great bargin...Shadow mask is just not the way to go...especially if you are gaming 6 hours a day...:)

I've had many aperature grill monitors, includin Viewsonic P225f and I game atleast 8 hours a day, I prefer the Shadow, maybe its just this monitor but it looks extremely sharp and its bright as hell... and it doesn't have those ugly lines.

Back