• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini Mills and such...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A 1/4" EM would work, but the bandsaw will be a needed sooner or later. Your inserts are already dulling!?!?!? They arent that old are they????

Stedeman, that bandsaw is the one i've had my eyes on. It's the 4x6. It has many derivatives, including the HF, enco(jet), and grizzly. Homier used to carry one for 99 dollars!!!! But not anymore..... :( The HF one usually goes on sale every once in awhile, so I'm waiting for that to happen.

Hello, is your seig mill for sale?

Hello,

I am trying to find a Central Machinery mini mill to buy, and yours is the same but a different name.

Are you selling it by chance or know someone or somewhere where I can find one manufactured back in early 2000?

Any direction/help is appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply.

-K

I have a seig mill, same as grizzly and the harbor freight mill, but from homier.com, I highly suggest that one over the others. Youll spend about $500 after shipping, plus another couple hundred on tooling. get a good collet set for $50, a good vice(I wish i would have to start with) for $100 at grizzly.com 4" vice is good for that mill. then youll spend probably $50 on end mills. spend some on a stand for the mill, some on oil and grease for doing all the sliding parts and whatnots, and a lot of time.

It took a good chunk of time to get the mill close to optimal, I still got a ways to go to get it going perfectly.
I like it a lot, If I could have done it different and had money, I woudl have bought a bridgeport. but I really couldnt for where I live. where my mill hasta be, In my basement. Theres no other mill I could put down there except a cheaper one.(dumb choice;))

I would get your end mills at jtsmachine.com, i have a direct link to nice carbides at home. I got my collet set off of ebay for $45 or so, and made the stand and collet holder.
heres some eyecandy:)

mymill1.jpg

-EDIT- Liquidsquirt, can you link me to some info on ballscrews? maybe ones to use on my mill if I would convert. and maybe some more info on getting it more acurate? Im having problems getting the Y axis to not bind. it squeeks a little here and htere and changes my scale a little. Its kinda anoying.

Jon

Back