• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having problems with the TwinX 3200 Corsair memory.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EclipseJP

I just got it in the 2 256 stick flavor and it wont even boot unless the memory voltage is 2.77. I tried to overclock it but failed. I had to put in my normal XMS3000 so I could boot up and set the voltage to 2.77 and fsb to 133. Do i need to do the vdd is that my problem.

What FSB where you running at. The TwinX 3200 should do ddr 400 at 2.6-2.7V and standard timings(2-2-2-6).

I had a similar problem, I have an 8rda+ and 2x 512mb of pc3200LL, it will boot at (2-2-2-6)[optimal] @ 200 Mhz, but wont boot at (2-2-2-6)[aggresive]. I found that odd saying i figured there was no change. i had to throw in my crucial pc2100 just to set the bios to up the voltage.

I was just looking at that same package. it says that for it to work in the asus p4c800 board and the intel i875 board the latency bios have to be changed to 2-3-2 or 2-3-3 will that affect the performance that much?

I've played around with memory timings and changing those values result in at most 2-3% less memory bandwidth i.e. Sandra memory score of 3089 vs. 3159.

I noticed that the latest EPoX bios solved the bootup issue with Corsair memory. But, I've seen the auto voltage setting seize the bios, but really I can manage my own voltage setting thank you very little!

MrMgrMatt: I'm not sure which optimal/aggressive setting you changed, but if it was the cpu interface setting, then that would explain a lot. Apparently, that one setting can have horrible stability side effects, best just to leave it at optimal.

well, it looks like my first day in o/c forum i've already managed to upset some people. my reply was more of a question. i'm trying to put together a system. (my 1st attempt) I was wanting to know about using the twin corsair package . can i make the memory work as is or do i have to change the latency timing? something i have never yet attempted, or go with kingston memory?

txheart said:
well, it looks like my first day in o/c forum i've already managed to upset some people. my reply was more of a question.
Huh? Who did you upset?
txheart said:
...the latency bios have to be changed to 2-3-2 or 2-3-3 will that affect the performance that much?
NeoGeo said:
...changing those values result in at most 2-3% less memory bandwidth i.e. Sandra memory score of 3089 vs. 3159.
txheart said:
I was wanting to know about using the twin corsair package . can i make the memory work as is or do i have to change the latency timing? something i have never yet attempted, or go with kingston memory?

Does the label on the package specifically say lower timings must be used for the TwinX to work in an i875 mobo? I went to Corsair's site and they don't mention the timings must be lowered, 2-2-2-6 timings should work fine. On the contrary, there's a link in the news section of TwinX memory running 2-2-2-5 timings in an i875 board at DDR440. They have a lifetime warranty, and if the memory doesn't live up to its specs; they're a good company that quickly remedies any issues.

Back