• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

used to fold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supertrucker

Way Too Jealous Member
i used to fold as Supertrucker, after a few installs i never got around to installing it back in my comp, today i borged my comp and my bros comp but i put it under supertrucker, im pretty sure the name is case sensitive and i started a new name today, id like to know how to go about changing my current setup to my old name. i read the small paragragh on how to do it in the faq sticky but i dont understand what it means, anyone want to walk a n00b through a name change?

edit:nevermind, think i got it, delete the post if you want mods

Last edited:
If you are using the Folding@Home dos-look console, just delete your client.cfg file. Then open the prog. again, and it will ask for the information all over again.

In the windows program, i think it is under 'configuration' somewhere.

I don't know if all of these methods work, but you could give them a try.

1. Stop the Folding client, delete the client.cfg file, and then re-start the Folding client. It will ask for your team number, username, etc. I'm pretty sure that this method will work.

2. You might be able to simply edit the client.cfg file to change your username. You probably need to stop the Folding client while you do this.

3. I've never tried it, but EMIII appears to allow you to edit the client.cfg file. Open the Options window, click on your rig in the list, and press the "I" button (middle left of screen). It opens a window where you can change your username and then click "Save Changes".

I see you got it working, but for others...

Just start the console with the -config flag :)

Supertrucker said:
yeah i read that, and i still have no idea what that means, how do i flag something?

Create a shortcut to FAH3Console.exe. You then edit the shortcut properties and add -config at the end of the target line. Double-click the shortcut.

BTW, you should be doing this with an -advmethods at the end if you have a P4/Athlon/etc, anything with SSE.

You could also start it from command line with this command:

FAH3Console.exe -config -advmethods

But you do not have to modify the exe. You modify the shortcut that you made to the exe.

never made a shortcut that i know of, just istalled the F@H exe as per the borg instructions and ran the installer to make it a service in win2k. does wedos(it was his guide, dont know if he made the installer or not) program set it up to take advantage of sse, or do i need to change a setting somewhere?

Back