• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Materials for a Clean Case???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

What kind of things would i have to buy for a clean case, i mean like round cables, sleeves, etc... iv never done it so i would like to know what i might need. And i seem to always see this special black kind of ?fuzzy? tape...?

... no one?, come on guys I know nearly everyone does this...

you dont need anything to have a clean case...
you just have to be creative...
you can use flat cables a make it clean by folding and tucking/hiding...
you dont really need cable sleeving too if you can hide the wires...

but if you cant hide them then using rounded cables/cable sleeving looks a lot better...

all you NEED is some tape and maybe cable ties...
but if you want to go all out with round cables, heatshrink, sleeving, even cutting your wires down to size

All you need is some rubber bands for folding the cables and some tape or ties to help conceal them for sight so that they aren't an eyesore.

The fuzzy tape as you call it, is probably sleeving. You can use sleeving, heat shrink tubing, tape, split loom, or cable ties to bunch wires together.

You can hide wiress behind the Motherboard Tray, in a spare drive bay, or any place you can find.

You can get sticky back mounting bases. Either ones with the loops to hold a bunch of wires, or the kind that are flat and you cable tie them to the bunch of wires. You can use them to run wires in a certain area through your case. You can put them on the bottom or top of your case, to hold wires out of the way.

You can use flat cables if you want. Some people have the art of folding them, and can really keep them out of the way.
You can use round cables if you like the looks of them.
You could use a combination of flat and round, it's up to you.

:)

the fuzzy tape im talking about is not sleeving... everyone seems to use it to tape wires to the side of the case or something, but its always the same tape...

Ill try to find a pic, but i can't remember where i saw it...

Back