• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Programming Resources

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Christoph said:

Some of the data on there is a little outdated. For example, go to C++ I/O. You see the eof() function? That is no longer included in the latest version of C++. The latest version includes file streams as:

#include <fstream> // Notice no .h

Previous versions had the ".h". The new version of C++ does not have an eof() function in file streams like that.

Titan386 said:

That's an awesome link, thanks! Added to the top of the list, I think its the best one there :)

That's what I though when I saw it. I'm going to PM a mod about getting this stickied.
Edit: Thanks Thelemac!

Last edited:
here is a link for a free ebook 'On To Java2' by Winston and Narasimhan

i have the print version, it was recomended to me by some of my prof's. You may want to put a note next to link, stressing that this reference is best for C/C++ programmers learning java.

basically the whole book takes you through a step by step process of coding one application.

On To Java2- 3rd edition

I didn't see this thread until tonight, lot of good links. Here are a few more that I have for C/C++.

cprogramming.com is a good resource with tutorials and lots of links.

C Reference and C++ Reference both are good quick reference sites.

And for those who use the Visual C++ compiler Code Guru this site has a lot of good articles and such and they also run sites that cover .Net, C#, Visual Basic and other MS stuff.

Added them, thanks S_Wilson and o0OBruceLeeO0o! :)

I decided it would be better to make an additional section reserved for sites that target mostly those programming using Microsoft tools.

Back