• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first watercooling Project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TA03

I am going to build my first watercooling system. I want to watercool ma cpu first and afterwards my geforce,chipset etc. I desided to use the eheim 1250 waterpump. Do you believe it is the right decision or i must choose a smaller pump like the eheim 1048 or 1046? Also i plan to construct the waterblocks myself using copper blocks and metal epoxy instead of the stuff that plumbers use. You think metal epoxy is ok or sooner or later i will have leaks ? Thank you in advance!!! :) :) :)

Metal epoxy works, but I wouldn't trust it for really long term applications (over 1 year). I doubt that it would leak, but it's hard to say.

Unless you have a very hot GPU and a really good video card, I wouldn't cool it with water. It will make the cooling performance on the CPU even worse. Just my thoughts.. lol

Metal Epoxy. Like JB Weld?

Sure... We never see high enough temps to un set epoxy. Epoxy is brittle by nature, but unless you go dropping the thing on the floor or banging some nails down with your block, what diferance will that make?

The only thing I'll tell you is be sure you don't use too much!!!

When you vice it together it'll squeeze it all into the channels, and ya don't want that now mon!

And no... Epoxy won't leak if you don't drop it and crack it...

thanks for the replies! :)
first of all i plan to drill a copper block in order to pass the water inside the block,i dont plan to open a large hole in a block and afterwards cover it with another one(sorry for my english if my syntax and vocabulary are not good). i want to cover the drilling holes with epoxy instead of putting screws because i dont want to buy more tools(money saving!) because my mother,father,girlfriend will start all the blah blah useless blah blah save the money blah blah buy some clothes (my girlfriend) and many more.
if i use the thing that plumbers use (silver...something?) is it easy to cover these holes? my water cooling project is a long term project!

Back