• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are these good 19"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimboZ88

I'm Looking for a new 19" Monitor and don't want to spend a load of money. Here are some cheap 19" that i've found, and i'd like some input on them, to find out how good they are.

AOC 9KLR 19" 0.25mm DynaFlat, 1600x1200 Monitor $239.5
samsung 950b 19in crt monitor 0.22mm(h) 1600x1200/68hz(max) $295
MAG Innovision 996PF 19 " flat screen .25dpi 1600x1200 $259

All prices are Canadian funds BTW
I don't want to get the samsung beacuase it's more expensive than the others, but if the other ones are junk, then tell me.

Peace 'oot

Right now on eBay, there is a 22inch ViewSonic flatscreen CRT for $200.00 + $70.00 shipping U.S.

Last edited:
Ive heard that the samsung model you chose isnt that bright. As of now I dont know the exact exchange rate for Can and US but Ideally you might want to buy local for a monitor. That way you can see it before you buy it and you can just as eaily return. Plus Im sure shipping will get pretty crazy for a monitor (70 $$$$????).

EDIT :
Also MAG is a somewhat generic company. I just started seeing them around last year. I thinkif your looking for a monitor who cares if its generic. You might want to go to a local store with a ton of monitors and bring along a dvd just to see the picture quality on all of them. I would suggest a dot pitch of no lower then .25

Ive heard that the samsung model you chose isnt that bright. As of now I dont know the exact exchange rate for Can and US but Ideally you might want to buy local for a monitor. That way you can see it before you buy it and you can just as eaily return.

I think thats a really good point, everyone has different preferences when it comes to monitors, so reviews aren't always the most helpful. Plus you don't want to buy a cheap monitor that will have problems when you could save up and get a slightly more expensive one that will last you nearly forever and problem free. But if one of those 3 come with a warranty then you don't have much to worry about I guess, but still its nice to know what you're getting before it just arrives at your door and you plug it in hoping for the best.

Personally I have my eye on the Dell 1900FP, its used in a lot of the computer labs on my campus, and I've used it and have yet to find another monitor I like better, saving up my $$$ though while its definately costly. Dell has a sale going on for all monitors until thursday (tomorrow) where they take like 10% off and give you free shipping. Still I've looked on ebay and found the 1900FP for around $500 (US) + shipping which is about $100 cheaper than Dell's Sale price. Dell also has the 1800FP which is also on sale tomorrow and I haven't checked price, but my guess is that its gotta be at least $100 cheaper than the 1900FP.

Back