• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec case, fileserver?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoKtEm

I was looking over the Antec PErformance Plus AMG series and I noticed they said it was a fileserver case? anyone know what the difference is?

Which one are you actually interested in buying ?
Looking at this page Here you can see the difference visually compared to a mid/tower case.
Plus the cost of a file server case tends to be much greater than a normal tower case.
I do personally like the looks of the features of this one PlusView1000AMG

PLUSVIEW1000AMG1.jpg

that is exactly the one i'm interested in buying =) so the fileserver cases are just bigger?

Bigger with more room for drives. Hense "File"server.

I just bought 1 of the Antec cases, and all i can say is WOW! I love it its got the removeable drive bays, the drives for the 5.5in slots just clip in w/ little clip thingys that mount on the side of you CD-Rom drives. This case also has excellent cooling, it dropped my CPU temp by 10 degrees. From 55 idle to 45 idle, not 2 shabby. Well go with whatever you want but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE ANTEC CASES! :D
Im sure this didnt help at all but I tried:rolleyes:

i'm also looking for a good deal on a truepower psu though, ahh the searches

Back