• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7v333-x and overvolt jumper.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glass

ok i'm posting here since i didn't get any help/response from amdmb.com forums about this..

the a7v333-x comes with the 'overvolt' jumper, and it states in the manual that it would allow voltages up to 2.05v, but highest i get is 1.888v-1.9?

why? any reason? voltmods to perform?(of course, because these boards come with this jumper it's hard to find one!) what's possibly limiting this?

i'm using a 1800xp+ tbred-a, latest bios.

the readings are same from bios and a windows program.. i'm lookin into voltages around 2.0v (watercooling, and the cpu isn't worth much anyways).

ok so with the pot i should get extra kick.

hmm. also, should i have the highest setting as 1.85 in the bios? as it's 1.7v, should i mod the cpu bridges for higher default voltage?

the a7v333-x doesn't have jumpers/switches (too bad, the board comes with dip switch settings printed on the board but the switches themselfs are missing). the overvolt jumper is there tho.. so this would probably work.

so, higher resistance(between the overvolt pins) == higher voltage, or?

For you to be able to hit over 2.2v with the pot, you should be able to boot at 1.85v in the bios.

d***, so i'll have to up the default voltage, pencil didn't do any good for that :\

but at least i now know _why_ it does what it does (doesn't hit 2.05 on highest available option).

so to repeat the question about the pot, higher resistance=more voltage? (since you get more than just with straight jumper?)

edit: oh yeh, thanks!

ok now that i knew what was wrong it was pretty straightforward.

i used the socket-jumper trick to get the default voltage up.

works cheesy. 2.0v now, running tests....

Back