• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

death of a t-bred b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f00t

Yes, it's dead. Why? I don't know. worked fine last night while playing generals for 3h (at stovk speed). tried to boot this morning and... nothing. lights work, fans works hd work, but no "beep." what the crap happened? this thing could do 2.2ghz np.

jiuhb
dut3c

It may not be dead...take it out and replace it with another CPU that you know works and see if that helps. Also try clearing the CMOs and booting to see if you can get it to boot that way.

Sudden Death? Sounds wierd that it worked fine when you shutdown but now nothing. Maybe a power surge during the night or when you shutdown?

tried clearing the cmos already. don't have another cpu to replace it with ant test

Assuming that you have looked at the cpu and it looks fine and was reseated properly,(as3, etc.)
I've had that happen before on my setup. It is hard lock of the cmos and you should take the cmos battery out for 2-3mins, put it back in then clear the cmos . With mine I find if that doesn't work I take the battery out overnight and it works all the time. Difference was I was ocingmy system to the max it can handle, and crashed cause of that. It is unusual that it has happpened, I would reseat your atx connector as well for peace of mind.

Hope it all goes well

Back