• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where can i get a peltier power supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InfamousHindu

I want to get a cheap power supply for my peltier. I have already seen the ones at sites such at dangerden that cost around $100 but I don't want to spend that much for it(no more +-$50. I also don wanna combine 2 power supplies for this matter, i just want something that i can plug into the outlet and hook the 2 wires up and switch it on. I know i sound a little picky, but ne of u guys know where to get one? Oh yeh, i have a 226Watt peltier taht needs around 24 amps, and around 15 volts, i bought it off dangerden.

I wouldnt take any chances with a 226Watt TEC or any TEC for that matter. Just go with watercooling if you dont want to spend the cash for the pelt and do it right the first time.

yeah becooling is the cheapest Ive seen a new one. You might also be able to get a used one off ebay for a little cheaper but you will have to hunt around for one.

This begs another newb question...

What do you look for in a power supply to ensure it will reliably provide the juice for a peltier?

Typical situation... If I want to use a 226 watt peltier, what specifications should I request? How many amps? I'm assuming 12 volts. The reason I ask is because I'm currently working at an electronics' refurbishing company and they have more power supplies, occiliscopes(sp), network analzers (etc) than I've ever seen =p. I would want to find the smallest power supply available, but I don't want to skimp on the power.

vonkaar said:
This begs another newb question...

What do you look for in a power supply to ensure it will reliably provide the juice for a peltier?

Typical situation... If I want to use a 226 watt peltier, what specifications should I request? How many amps? I'm assuming 12 volts. The reason I ask is because I'm currently working at an electronics' refurbishing company and they have more power supplies, occiliscopes(sp), network analzers (etc) than I've ever seen =p. I would want to find the smallest power supply available, but I don't want to skimp on the power.

If it is running on 12 volts, the power supply would need to be able to supply 226 / 12 = 19 amps on its 12 volt rail.

Ken

Pelts draw a bunch of juice and a 226w peltier is a biggie! I got that one 226w potted pelt and just got the meanwell power supply for it. fits in a empy bay inside and was easy to install. got it thru dangerden. will post all results here for everyone, unless I blow up, then I will just hide quietly in the shadow and grieve. lol naw... I'd tell ya that too. Can't be to embarrassed bout that... I tore thru 2 perfectly good vid cards with my volt mod (insane too!) buddy Rad Man. He'd volt mod his mama if he thought he could! lol

Back