• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Huge cases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Konnan10101

Registered
hi i am lookign for some really big cases to put my computer in, right now i have a pretty big one (enermax) but it isn't huge i am lookign for one with 6 5.25 drive bays, my friend has one of these made by antec and i really liked it but i cant find it for sale anywhere

if anyone knows where i can get this case or any other really nice cases plz tell me

I've thought hard about getting one of those for modding, they look like they would have a lot of potential. only thing is i lack the time and the money right now for such a project.

edit: If you have the money Lian-Li makes a great full tower case, aluminum too however it is expensive.

Last edited:
I'm satisfied with my Foxconn/CasEdge/Hon Hai full tower, just put the wheels on it last night!

The only others that come near are the Lian Li PC75 and the Chieftec Matrix, I don't know any case that has more than 6 5.25", and this has 7 PCI slots and plenty of fan bays.

See http://www.the-jedi.co.uk/comps/images/goliath.jpg

Watch out as some of the full towers only have one 3.5" bay for a floppy, so no luck for a Zip/Flash/Rheobus etc.

Directron is *the* place for full towers.

P.S. anyone got a Foxconn they want to sell for parts?

Last edited:
sej, while i like your case I think it lacks some stilishnes, in my personal opinion, it is a bit of a comon look to it. however, i think i can safely say that just about everyone and thier dog has an antec case. lian-li arent are comon due to price. can you give us some more details on yours? i dont know musch about it.

i want somehting nice lookign as well

though that foxcon looks liek it would eb good it isntr very appeling to the eye

Intrepid6546 said:
sej, while i like your case I think it lacks some stilishnes, in my personal opinion, it is a bit of a comon look to it. however, i think i can safely say that just about everyone and thier dog has an antec case. lian-li arent are comon due to price. can you give us some more details on yours? i dont know musch about it.

Problem with mine is that I doubt you'll get hold of it anymore, although I seem to recall seeing one for sale for about $52 shipped, but can't remember where - was thinking of buying one without the fans in the side, so I could add a window and blowhole using the spares!

It's heavy steel, which is why the wheels are nice, it has great air circulation as its so damn big (and I've gone fan mad - the TBird 1.4 gets 1.6GHz at 38-45C with 6 drives in it!)

I'm thinking of adding a window and some lights to it soon, but it has a couple of 120mm fans on the side and don't want to mount them in a window.

The useful thing is that its that its computer beige, so you don't need to stealth your drives or get a door on the front because they don't match the colour scheme.

I like the Lian-Li PC75, but the problem is that it's silver or black and it looks like your average pre-modded LL.

The big Chieftecs look weird, I prefer the non-Dragon/Matrix ones, but they're not big enough (4x5.25).

The Antecs usually have only 1x3.5" external, and never seen one with 6x5.25"....?

my friedns got one with 6x5.25 and has two 3.25 that he might be seelign em it is huge and is really nice he also custom painted black

and it also has a really cool window on side

I have the Antec SX1240, it has 6 x 5.25 and 2 3 1/4. although I think for some stupid reason they have discontinued it as it is no longer on their website. Shame really as I was looking to get another one and do some serious modding to it and then swap my system over to it. Great case with plenty of room.

yeah they took off website before i coudl get one...still trying to figure that out, but it is definately a roomy case, that also looks very nice (atleast in black it does)

from the looks of it that case Antec SX1240 is just like the current modle of the full tower dragon, only no door over the front drive bays. i used the mid tower version of the Antec SX1240 for my first custom comp, dual MP 1.2s :D it worked great but literaly half the weight was in the case itself!

Back