• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case fan holes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bill

A holesaw is the better way to go dremals & diegrinders are good tools but they are used more for grinding & notching then cutting shapes , not to say it cant be done , if thats all you have then use but i siggest removing EVERYTHING from your case then blow/vac your case out when finished, turn the case over a few times to make sure its clean. if you have a drill get a 3inch holesaw= 80mm fan/3.5=94mm/4=120mm , tape off where you want the hole mainly to mark the hole use the holesaw for a templet , centerpunch (a nail is good if you dont have a punch) thats so the drill dosnt walk then use the fan to mark to screw holes , clean the edges with the dremal & elongate the screw holes that are off( they will be) if you cant or dont want to remove everything from the case( i siggest you do) rap a damp rag around the holesaw and go slow dont go too fast or rap the rag too tight (or it will grab) if its a steel case put a magnet near the holesaw. but i must stress remove everything ,it only takes 30 to 45 min to diss & reassemble you rig instead of wating for replacment parts , happy moding if you need any help you know where i live haha, so you know im not talking out me a** ive been making a living as a metal faracator for 15 years before that i built & raced my own drag car & bikes as a hobby . later.

sorry this was ment to be a reply to a earlyer thread by amino on case fan holes ( da i hit da wrong buttin):eek:

Last edited:
Back