• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help OC'ing xp2200 on an MSI KT3V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nahmus

HI all. I've been trying to get my xp2200 to overclock but if i change it from 13.5x133 it stops booting. I've gathered the following form browing the forums and please correct me if i'm wrong.

1) I think i have a tbred"b". the stepping is AIUGA and prod code is AXDA22000KV3C (if it was an A then the stepping would start with a j right?)

2) All tbreds are unlocked I do not have to do the L5 bridge trick or the wire trick to use lower multipliers.

3) I'm running PC2700 memory and should be able to go higher than 133fsb.

Am i missing something?

thanks

If your stepping is AIUGA, then you have a t'bred A. The last letter of the stepping denotes which t'bred it is. Since you are running PC2700 ram, than you should be able to run at 166Mhz FSB, but you are also running a 2200. The 2200 t'bred A was just about as far as the t'bred A process would go, so the most people get out of those chips are 100 - 200Mhz overclock.

Point 2 of your statement is probably wrong as well - to get lower multis on mobos which do not recognise all 5 Fids WILL require modding of the cpu via connecting the last L3

Ok thanks for the info. I'm gonna do the wire volt and multiplier mod. I'm not to concerned since this is just a firewall box that i use for folding but I've always wanted to play!!

well i did the volt and multiplier wire trick and can noy overclock it so it appears to be a 2400 333fsb @1960mhz with a 12.0 multiplier and 165FSB. Anyhting higher and it seems to hang. I tried dropping the multiplier and upping the FSB but still nothing faster. I think thats an ok overclock for an aircooled air system.

any ideas will be welcomed!

Back