• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ or 2500+ barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LilBuddy

2600+ or 2500+ barton? which would be faster.

can you oveclock the 2600 very much, but you can overclock the barton a lot more right?

timmyqwest said:
barton, not just for the extra cache...but for the extra cache and the ever improving overclockability of them

That is really on the money.

You should be able to get about 2.2 - 2.4(maybe) outta a Barton 2500.

In my gaming rig, I have mine at 2.25.

Barton again, for the same reasons. They overclock very well because their increased die size means lower power density, which translates into greater thermal stability.

Their performance gain from L2 cache doubling is about 3% per mhz.

barton.... The stepping i have in my sig,and donnys as well seems to be very nice ocerclockers...

radman

Very glad I ran into this thread. I was going to be asking the same question, whether I should get the 2500+ Barton or the 2600+ now I think my mind is made up thanks!

I know this may be a no no but the barton in my sig does not overvolt due to a small accident with my ram...it runs stock 100% stable, i ran p95 and folded for 3 days with no issues. Anyways it's for sale

*note* it may be my mobo, i'm getting a 1700 via ups tomorrow to test it...if my barton is fine and it's my mobo then i guess i have a DLT3C for sale.

If this offends the moderators just...delete it, and smite me for my mistake

**EDIT** please dont hijack this thread either...if you have anything to say send me a PM or I will delete it

Last edited:
I have to agree with my dude Rad Man (he uses tweaker's space too) Barton rules...... I have had the most thrills and chills with this product and would recommend to all for playtime! lol
cya all later...

Back