• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apache questions???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TyRex

anyone know how to setup an apache webserver on a host machine to redirect to a client machine that also has apache on it that will do the actual serving?

I'm trying to get apache to run on a client machine that will be the actual server, problem is........it's a client, not the host. Is there anyway to setup the host to redirect all requests to the client machine?

anyone understand what i'm asking???

KraziKid said:
Why not just set up port forwarding using iptables?

still new to this whole thing..........could you give me an explanation on how to that or a link to a howto by chance

Thanx

thats exactly what i want to do..........now is it possible to do that on a win98 machine???

heres my setup........a win98 machine acting as a server for ICS, and then a linux box and another win98 machine running off of the server.......I want the linuxbox to be a webserver without having to make it the ICS server

google for ICS port forwarding
It might be possible but you´re doing that the wrong way: a linux box is about 5 gazillion times better to act as a router/server for windows boxes than the other way around.

That would be a question for the Microsoft OS forum. I don't think ICS does port forwarding, but I could be wrong.

If you have a broadband connection, I would rather use a broadband router for a set up like that. They allow you to forward ports (and will probably give you more security than a Win98 box with ICS).

Back