• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interested in learning 3ds Max?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPFitz14

Hrmm... not completely sure if this should go in Cyber Deals, but it is quite a deal, so here it goes.

Basically, the folks over at www.3dbuzz.com will be running an online course in 3ds Max, and best of all, its free. Without trying to sound too much like an ad;), they put out some great training videos, so if you've been wanting to give it 3ds Max a try, sign up.

In a nutshell:

- You watch the VTM (doesn't matter the order you watch the videos)
- Each video has a multiple choice Quiz.
- You need a 90% or higher to pass the quiz. (You don't see which were your wrong answers. It was basically to make sure you viewed the VTM.)
- After you pass all the quizes, you'll have a bunch of assignments. (Including both essays and work.)
- You then do a project, and finally take a test (70% to pass, you see your wrong answers).
- Once you pass your test, you then start the process over again in a new module!
- Buzz rates all the work himself. (Generally.) Zak also helps.

- You join the course with 1000 points.
- Every thread in the forum is assigned a "point value" based on how important/difficult the question is to the asker. The person who answers it the best gets the point value assigned.
- You are assigned 5 points per day that you visit the course.
- Good work can also give you bonus points.

- There are no "set times" where you have to be online.
- No due dates for assignments.
- You can join the course at any time.
- It is go at your own pace.

Just join the website, and after logging in, there should be a bar on the left. Click online courses, and go from there.

It would also be cool to get help from my fellow overclockers....:)

-CPFitz-

that looks really cool thanks for the link and Im off to sign up and to tell afriend who is just getting into this stuff

Awesome. Glad to help someone, and more importantly, glad to hear that someone will be in it along with me. Hopefully we can help eachother out, and hopefully, a few others will sign up.

-CPFitz-

Wow... really? What program do you use...3dsMax? Congratulations, you've got my dream job.:)

-CPFitz-

Well... it looks like we have 3 overclockers in there now. I'm excited for June 1st.

-CPFitz-

The VTMs have been around for quite some time. Im learning Maya at the moment right now. These are great, and its funny to hear all the people who are talking in the VCD"s argue with eachother. =D

I suggest you download the VTM's.

Nice find...

Very interested... I'll watch these to brush up my 1339 skillz =p. I too am an amateur animator (not quite as seasoned as my co-animator, mlmib, but still fairly decent). Poser and 3dsmax are the only things i'm close-to-proficient at. Have some minimal experience, but everything else i've tried is either crap or has a steep learning curve (maya =D, at least for me). And again thx,

PS first post ^_^. Hope to make more and be "accepted" by this community...

ps if anyone hangs out on gamefaqs/sr its the same crazed :p

Hmm... From checking around the site, supposedly about a week and a half. I check every day, so i'll be sure to post as soon as it starts.

I know absolutely nothing about 3ds Max, so this is going to be a lot of fun.;)

-CPFitz-

I'm not sure that I completely understand your question... but i'll try to answer.

AFAIK, you start at the beginning of the class no matter what, you just may start the class later, but you aren't acutally "jumping in" in the middle of the class.

-CPFitz-

*Bump*

Just letting you guys know that this should be starting within the next few days, if it hasn't started already.

The officially updated start date was yesterday, and there haven't been any reported delays or problems, but the link isn't up as of yet. I'd expect it sometime tomorrow, so those of you who signed up, keep your eyes open.

Those of you who didn't sign up, but would like to, I'm sure that you still can, so don't pass it up.

-CPFitz-

Back