• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500 pro versus 9700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Konnan10101

Registered
hi i am lookign to get a new vid card and i got about 250 (highest) to spend and i was looking at the radeon 9500 pro and the regualr 9700 how much better is the 9700 than the 9500 pro. Also if anyone knows of any better card than these two for abotu 225 then plz tell me

thnx

I'd go fo rthe R9700 non pro, but MAKE SURE you egt good RAM on this board. I understand some Crucial or PowerColor boards are going out w/ some poorly ratd RAM... Some folks get the same 2.8ns RAM on their non-pro R9700's are simply clock up to and beyong R9700PRO speeds.

Kinda off subject a bit but a recommendation. If you want to o/c it. I did thisd, I took off the heat sink and removed the yellow goopy crap and replaced it with artic thermal. I also replace the heat sink wth a copper heatsink and added a slightly larger fan. It is running a lot cooler then stock. I also though still need ot do a vbios update in which I am scred to do...

Get the 9700np. Performs better out of the box and can be o/ced later. But if you don't want to spend the money, go with the 9500pro. 9600pro should be a last choice of the three IMHO. Eventhough its a good performer, it doesn't do so well against the 9500pro, let alone the 9700np.

To sum it up, if you have the money and don't mind paying for the 9700np, go for that one. The FIC 9700np at newegg.com was a good one, but I think its out of stock.

yeah not really looking to spend the money on the 9700np but the 9600 pro hasd a good price tag 182 and onm the review i read it said it outperformed the 9500 pro

Back