• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buzzing noise from com --> Antec PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Icarus

I have this irritating buzzing noise thats emitted by somewhere in my com about once every hour or so but I can't seem to find the source. It sounds like a big housefly that trapped in there. It lasts for only about a second or two, but its rather irritating. Some guys suggested that it might be my Antec PSU. Do you guys think that its reason for worry?

If its truly the case, is there any way to take out the Antec fan and replace it with something else without voiding the warranty? Thanks.

Possiblilty: Dust or debree is in there and gets caught in the fan. Once i had a nasty piece of klumpy dust..cant think of what its called pretty sure its dust :p anyways check your fan maybe something is caught or wedged in there.

Do you have a fan controller this will cause that buzzing noise as the power is being cycled throug the reostat

If you change out the fan it will viod your warranty...Antec usually will replace your power supply without any hassle besides a few questions...My first 430 TruePower made a popping noise every so often...Turned out to be the my friends house plug's were the problem...:D

squeezecat said:
Do you have a fan controller this will cause that buzzing noise as the power is being cycled throug the reostat

Yes, I do have a Zalman fan controller inside the case if if thats the case, why didn't it buzz before?

With the Nexus fan controller the noise is usually when you have the fans turned down...Try turning the fans up and seeing if the noise stops...

Back