• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 for sale at CoolTechnica now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
actually it looks nothing like a maze3. When you guys say how it looks like a maze3, all your looking at is the copper color(sand blasted) and the clear top. Your not paying any attention to the innards... The innards are COMPLETELY different, doesnt even resemble a maze3.

Jon

There have been a lot of people in the know about this block for a while. It's just nobody cared because of WW.

Toysrme said:
Hopefully I had my head burried underground and missed the roll-out or previous information about it
Scroll down on the main Dangerden page (ie news) and you can see the announcement from May 22. Looks like they made the June release.

nikhsub1 said:
My inside sources tell me that the Maze 4 outperforms the Maze 3 by about 1C. A nice improvement, however, still can't touch the White Water.
Dunno if it's meant to compete with a block that's 50% more expensive. From the price point, it seems to be more in competition with the TC-4 and MCW5000. An improvement over the Maze3 should put it in the same ballpark as those blocks for less cash.

No it dosen't mean they are. We can go in circles until we know the case. Why go around the loop one more time LoL!

Joe_Atlanta

Duh, I kept looking for a name of a new block, skimmed right over "Also, there is rumors of new blocks...and yes there will be." Sevrial times on THREE occasions... How pathetic is that?

"We're finishing up a CPU block and a GPU block that can take a pelt." I wonder if that means It'll be "Maze 4-1" + a new gpu block-1. Boy one would hope they will improve the baseline blocks.

Then again in my main rig my Maze-2 still gives more preformance that you coud expect or really need anything more...

Throwing maze 3's and swiftech's in other peoples computers, anything more than a maze-2 to me is candy baby!

Mark Larson said:
We all know a waterblock has to have three barbs to be even considered a contender :p [/QUOTE

HUH...where do you get this logic from?

I hoping this is just a statement referencing the WW, but even so, you statement doesn't hold water.]

Mark Larson said:
We all know a waterblock has to have three barbs to be even considered a contender :p

Well, 3 barbs may not be it. My next block may have 2 barbs if the performance is acceptable.

For another block to be even on the right track so it can contend with the WW, it has to have accelerated jet-impingement flow directly above the CPU die area, or exceptionally fine channels (<=1mm). If a block doesn't have either, then it's on a different race-track. ;)

BTW, in response to above. For closed waterblocks (non-direct-die) 3C better than the White Water on a ~80W CPU heat source of ~100mm^2 in size is a possibility in theory only. Crunching through the math and we get ~4.5C better as the absolute theoretical limit, the limiting factors being the thermal paste and the required copper base-plate on the block itself. To close the gap between the White Water and the theoretical 4.5C "perfection", requires hyperbolic increases in metal->fluid convectional transfer efficiency. 2C better than the White Water requires about a doubling of the White Water's convectional transfer efficiency, which is about the absolute limit of what's possible using good pressure centrifugal pumps (Iwaki, etc). To get better than this would require pretty extreme equipment and micro-manufacturing tolerances, and be exceptionally expensive.

Last edited:
It was sarcasm directed at the people who are essentially spitting on a product without having ever seen it, used it or had someone else talk about it. (Insiders excluded)

Toysrme said:
JFettig

I don't know... It just seems odd it hasn't made an appearance anywhere else I looked. Niether google or yahoo returned anything useful on it.

Who knows. Hopefully I had my head burried underground and missed the roll-out or previous information about it, but it still it brings us back to the original question...

Ok I'm going to say something here on behalf of Bruce at Cooltechnica because I can't stand false accusations. Yes Bruce at Cooltechnica is my friend. He does get a little head start with DD stuff...why? He imports Hydor pumps for North America and DD sells Hydor pumps. So DD and Cooltechnica help each other...perfectly normal. In my store I'm out of Maze 3 for the last 2 weeks....why? Because I knew also the Maze 4 was coming...(they are actually on their way)

Look at this thread and you'll see that some people had prototypes of the Maze 4 long before Cooltechnica posted.

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6823

We do have the WW in pre-orders in Canada at my store because I got the insurance from Dtek (being their first and main Canadian reseller) that all our pre-orders would be covered.

Bruce and I both take our companies and customers very seriously. We would never post something that wasn't true. That's all I can say really. You have the right to be suspecious and to not buy from us. It's a free country.

This is exactly the block I've been looking for. What an awsome compromize between performance (assuming it is at least 1c better) and price. It also looks pretty sweet. THe only thing I don't like is the mounting hardware. I'll probably change that out myself.

My order has been placed. Hopefully by next weekend I will have it all set up for testing.

Typo I hope. I'm not gonna say it's a sham, but I do think it's fairly odd someone would sell something before the rest of the world knows about it wouldn't yall agree?
It makes it even harder to belive it's a shame because who on earth would back a sham up with easily piced out fake pictures?

Woe be unto them if it is a sham tho...

I'm calling the FTC for fraud LoL! We could do it to... "Pre-Selling" wouldn't save them in this case!

Now I'm not saying I would be the one to do it... But I can't stand dishonest retailers...

Toysrme - please take the time to read June1st News over @ DangerDen.com
Who knows. Hopefully I had my head burried underground and missed the roll-out or previous information about it, but it still it brings us back to the original question...

You had your head buried underground and I hope it stays that way. I hope you'll stop making false accusations against resellers and blame people for dishonesty without any reasons. Show a little patience, make your research and at least find some facts to back your accusations before you make them.

Bruce

They need to put up better photos - those look like they've been shot with a webcam.

Thanks for the heads up Mark. I took those pics with my Canon A40 in a hurry myself, and you're absolutely right about the image quality.

I replaced them with the images taken by DD.

Bruce

I don't know if you've noticed, but Bruce and Cooltechnica is now a reseller for pretty much ALL of the the big waterblock manufacturers (Swiftech, Dangerden, Dtek) and has done some nice things for all of us like bringing a low cost, high performance hobby pump to the US (the Hydor). He did the research and brought Coolflex into the market too to cut down on tygon costs. He also has a reseller rating of 9.71:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2129.html

He sponsors overclockers by sending them review items for god's sakes! The likelihood that he is going to "make up" a product launch is pretty slim. The likelihood that Dangerden surprised him on Friday afternoon with a shipment of Maze4s when he was expecting Maze3s is pretty high (since he IMed me in disbelief on Friday).

Did you guys just hijack this thread? Bad Boys....:eek:

The Maze4 is going to be a big flop. Looks great though. :rolleyes:

Back