• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vice City Texture problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GT2000

Vice City ran like butter on my Ti4200, until my fan went out.

Figured out what was causing my install not to load after the 9500np was placed in, I had to delete the game settings file and let it create a new one.

Now that I have the game running, I'm having all sorts of texture issues, best way I can describe it is as draw distance issues, some items won't pop up until I've already run into them (walls and such).

I've changed settings, haven't tried playing the game with AA/AF yet, so that's still off. Going down the street, and the median/grass is sometimes not there, occasionally popping up, etc.

I remember reading others have had the issue, but cannot find the thread/post again. Help appreciated as always!

Haven't tried that yet, but I do remember that creates choppiness in most cases. Read over at Futuremark to put the game in 98 compatibility mode, that worked, but made the game run worse overall.

Yep, right after I installed the game, the 1.1 patch didn't change anything.

The game ran ok after turning on the frame limiter, it was playable. I hope they plan on fixing this soon.

The frame limiter actually makes it play smoother (no frame spikes and drops) but it is rather low, set at 30fps.

I wonder if there is a way to change the frame limit to atleast 45fps.

Did you try setting the draw distance to the max?

Make sure you have the latest drivers too.

I always play with the draw distance to the max, and changing that setting made no difference (taking the point of view that perhaps making the game draw so far out was being a hinderance, not the case).

anvil82 said:
The frame limiter actually makes it play smoother (no frame spikes and drops) but it is rather low, set at 30fps.

I wonder if there is a way to change the frame limit to atleast 45fps.

Did you try setting the draw distance to the max?

Make sure you have the latest drivers too.

The games engine was designed to run @ 30fps because of the ps2. The texture lagging is because pc's are much faster than the ps2.... hehe

I also do wish that the frame limiter was a bit higher but oh well...

1.1 patch doesnt do squat, i has NO fixes whatsoever.
Talking about fps, my GTA VC constantly runs at 100FPS @ 1280x1200 4xaa 8XAF :)

Back