• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

photoshop test for your computer...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dustybyrd

I wanted to see how long it would take for a dual AMD or Xeon to 3d render a 2.2 mb file in photoshop...

if you are interested in seeing on your computer, then my email address is

[email protected]

email me and i will email you the file and directions...

and let you know how long it took my computers and dual g4 1.25ghz mac's at work...

Last edited:
this is a 2.2 mb file and i can't give it to you without email...

then once you get it you can time how long it takes to 3d render the whole thing...

i will send instructions...of course you will need photoshop to do the test...

how did your dual G4s fare? I'm interested in knowing, as the g4s are pretty powerful chips (hey, macs are powerful machines, just having a massive lack of software and third-party hardware)

how did your dual G4s fare? I'm interested in knowing, as the g4s are pretty powerful chips (hey, macs are powerful machines, just having a massive lack of software and third-party hardware)

i want to say but i want a couple of response first before i spill the beans....that way people will hopefully give a more honest assessment if they don't know how fast the other machines are...

but yes, the g4 was pretty good...

email me and i will send the file and directions

Dont have time tonight but I definatly wanna see how my Dual 2000+ and my P4 2.7ghz fare up against your G4 (no, im not bashing macs, I am just curious)

Dont have time tonight but I definatly wanna see how my Dual 2000+ and my P4 2.7ghz fare up against your G4 (no, im not bashing macs, I am just curious)

except for possibly downloading the file...the 3d rendering doesn't take that long...less than a minute

Im interested. My [email protected] is the email addy. I wont be able to get to it tonite more then likely. Fresh format and testing etc etc.... but once I get this all goin, Ill post up my results.

[email protected]

I'll probably test it out this weekend. Does version of photoshop matter? I have 6.0.

i tried versions 5 and 7 and both gave the same results...

4.3 seconds...on a 2.4ghz AMD

my 1.62 p3 single cpu tualatin system took 7.5 seconds...

1.5ghz p4 dell took 17.5 seconds...

dual g4 mac 1.25ghz took 7.5 seconds...

and i don't know about my dual p3 yet...will test tonight...

i had trouble sending to IFMU and bender...file got returned...probably you have full mailboxes....the file is 3 mb total

i have tried to email some of you with the test file...however...it's too big for many of your mail boxes so try this hosted by wiz4rd

http://www.w3t.us/testfile.tif

here are the instructions to render it.........

open the file with photoshop and click on filter>render>3d transform....

then click on the 3d box in the left panel of the black and white
image....and then start with the cursor in the upper left hand corner of
the black and white image that you will see for rendering....then drag the
invisible green box to the lower right hand corner so that all you see is a
small green dot (of the see through green box)....then press OK and time
how long it takes to render it...

i did it.. but how am i supposed to know exactally how long it took?

:edit:.. i'm guessing about 5 seconds.

i did it.. but how am i supposed to know exactally how long it took?

:edit:.. i'm guessing about 5 seconds.

ok, but what is your cpu speed and model?

and version of photoshop?

note results listed earlier in this post too

Back