• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ga-7nnxp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
According to this *article at anandtech

"According to Gigabyte, the AGP and PCI buses are locked at their default frequencies (66MHz/33MHz) regardless of the FSB frequency. The AGP lock is evident from looking at the AGP frequency options in the Advanced Chipset Features section. On the other hand, the PCI lock is hidden and cannot be independently adjusted like the AGP bus. Nevertheless, the 7NNXP still has an AGP/PCI lock and that’s all that matters."

Ok starting to push a little see specs in sig prime95 torture test has been running now going on 8 hours , and in that time I am here , there and everywhere with a crap load of app's running and it is rock solid :D

I really like this board , I am sure I can get more out of this, but will let it expand for a few days :cool:

i've had my board about 2 weeks and its great. . . except that the DPS(Dual Power System) wont let my system boot. anyways, i took my board down to Gigabyte HQ in CA(I live very close) and the guy that i talked to on the phone came down to see me, took my board into the testing room and ran some diagnostics. while he tested it he did not have DPS installed. all worked fine for him, booted up normally 4 times. i took home popped everything in, no boot. took out DPS and everything roscks. im still working with my schedule to get down to gigabyte HQ and get me another DPS though. all in all great board with tons of features/extras

Those of you wanting to max out the ram with 3 sticks of 512 PC3200- be sure the ram is returnable. I had serious issues running it. Took it to a shop, he gave me 2 256 sticks for one 512- it works great now. One stick of 256 had to be single sided. Updating the Bios to F17 did not work, just made the ram issues worse.

Blondie said:
Those of you wanting to max out the ram with 3 sticks of 512 PC3200- be sure the ram is returnable. I had serious issues running it. Took it to a shop, he gave me 2 256 sticks for one 512- it works great now. One stick of 256 had to be single sided. Updating the Bios to F17 did not work, just made the ram issues worse.

The latest bios is F19 and why would 3 sticks be maxed? we have 4 slots

and we can use up to 1 gig per slot but need to stop at 3 x 1 gig the 4 slots work fine I used them , the only draw back from using all 4 dimms was I was not able to overclock as high , and if you look in the user manuel it says we need to use SS/DS combo's to get the DC working in the right manner.

:attn:

and we can use up to 1 gig per slot but need to stop at 3 x 1 gig the 4 slots work fine I used them

Kermit- the max on this board is 3GB using 333MHz or 266MHz DDR modules or 1.5GB using 400MHz DDR modules. Look it up at Kingston. You can even call Kingston to ask about what they suggest- they swear they are right. I bought this board to max it out with 1.5 gigs of PC3200. I went and bought 3 sticks of 512 PC3200, and I had major issues doing this. If you scroll down, you'll see Using 400MHz DDR modules: Virtually any configuration up to 1.5GB can be reached using any combination of Kingston's 256 and 512MB modules. I even called them on this questioning if I needed 2- 512's & 2 256's, they said no- 3 - 512's was right.

I haven't messed with my bios since F17- the update was a dog.I even paid a shop to check the ram problem, he came to the conclusion that you can't run the 3 sticks of PC3200 in 512mb sticks. It has to be the SS/DS combo.

As for bios F19- it appears they addressed the issue I had - Fix FSB200 BOOT NG - are you running this update? If so for how long?

This is my personal experience with this board & the ram this way. I posted so that no one else would waste their money on a ram combo that didn't work.

Back