• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ga-7nnxp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
but i miss the mounting holes on the ga-7nnxp but the features are great.

another problem could be the vcore setting. +10% is the max setting.

Q-Brix

Thats going to kill this board,no Heatsink mounting holes and no room for a heatsink barely bigger than a volcano10. This was real stupid on Gigabytes part.:mad:

Well, I've had my 7NNXP running for a couple of days now. I had some trouble with the memory settings, but once I resolved that issue, the board seems to be doing great. I played around with overclocking my XP 2200+ just a little...more experimenting than actually intending for a serious push. I was able to set the FSB to 150 with a 13.5 clock speed and get Windows XP to load up no problem. But, as soon as I put a real stress on the system, it rebooted. I increased the voltage to 1.75 and that helped, but eventually, it rebooted by itself again. As I had other things to do, I temporarily returned all the settings to "normal." I'll try again in the near future.

But, this board sure is fast! I crunch SETI@home and with the same CPU on this new board, I was able to reduce the time to crunch a single workunit by about 30 minutes. That's a lot!

Also, I tried using the included software that Gigabyte claims makes overclocking easier...my suggestion? Don't waste the hard drive space. It's a neat looking system monitor (prettier than MotherBoard Monitor 5, but does the same functions). But as a tool to make adjusting FSB, multiplier and voltage setting easier...well, there must be a trick I haven't discovered. LOL

The easytune4 does not work with Nforce2 chips.:mad: Would have been for Gigabyte to tell us this,LIKE ON THE WEB SITE. I have my 3 sticks of memory running in dual mode, Thats cool. I have another one coming and will try the 4th dimm.:cool:

bypolar1 said:
The easytune4 does not work with Nforce2 chips.

No kidding?!? LOL...I think...I don't know whether to laugh or scream. ! Oh well, overclocking really isn't for a "casual" user anyway...well, not one that needs a crutch like Easytune anyway. IMHO, if you're going to overclock, you had better really understand the interplay of FSB, multiplier, voltage, etc., etc. and not just click some pretty buttons on a pretty interface.

7nnxpv is not the next revision - it is the one with the integrated graphics. I intend to try the 7N400V Pro when it becomes available in the states.

I have the G7NNXP and it is a fantastic board , I have not really pushed it much its less than 2 weeks old, right now its at 175fsb ram set 1:1, just breaking it in will drop the multi's soon and gve her a push :cool:

I recieved my 7N400 Pro a few days ago, but I'm still waiting on other parts before I can use it :rolleyes:

I think it was really stupid that they didn't include mounting holes.....I mean, how hard can it be? The other accessories and "extras" are awesome though. I have the Maze 3, and luckily dangerden has a good clamping system using the socket tabs, so I bought that.

are these boards pci locked? just curious cause i've been getting HD errors in WinXP...i had the Gigabyte KT600 and found it to be lacking so i swapped it for this...just wondering if it's pci is locked or is it on the same 1/6 divider as their kt600 board...i know the agp can be locked..running 210x11 right now @ 1.8v...my a7n8x-x did this at 1.65v....hmmmmm????

Back