• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lite-On case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WOW, a big run on those cases. They were $82 shipped the last time they were in stock... newegg must see a demand on them. www.outsideloop.com has them for $109 but not free shipping like newegg... $125 shipped is still a good deal for that case.

Yeah... the case is probably in huge demand since they just restocked on them today after being unstocked for about half a month.

I might get slapped for this comment but oh well. Taking a look at that case I had to ask myself who would pay $125 for a case that plain and drab. Now I have never seen one in person so maybe they have some features that are out of this world, I dunno, I could be dead wrong. Since your wanting 120mm fan cooling, you do need space. And most cases for the most part will handle and accomodate just fine. But one fan placement which to me is my most important case fan is the one at the top sucking out ALL of the heat. After all heat rises right? Makes sence to withdraw the heat through there. But this poses a dilema when using a 120mm fan for the job.

120mm fans are quite large, I know, I have 4 for case cooling and 1 on the CPU. All of them were easy to install and use, except one. The top one. Whereas this does require a little dremel work, it's no big deal. The problem lies in SPACE. The space for the fan is at the end of your cdrom drives and infront of the PSU. Now on a lot of cases this is a tight area. A 80mm fan can fit in any case, but 120's are a bit different. A lot of it has to do with case design and the length of your cdroms and PSU. I found the case that I currently have to be the only one that would accomodate long cdroms and a PSU and enable me to slide a 120mm fan up there. Below is a link, this case is cheaper also, and is just way cooler to look at, might check it out. I would also like to know why this lite-on case is $125, must be something real special inside?

http://www.coolerguys.com/Merchant2...oduct_Code=840556004073&Category_Code=CS-Wind

Wiz4rd said:
Taking a look at that case I had to ask myself who would pay $125 for a case that plain and drab. [/url]

And the answer is...

Watercoolers looking for a combination of excellent cooling and quiet.

(Although I have to say, I got mine when they were going for $82 shipped. Not sure I'd have paid $125.)

Of course I don't care in the least what it looks like. It'll probably be seriously ugly by the time I get done with it.

I really don't care how the case looks since it's going to be stashed beneath a desk almost out of sight. However, I do need good and quiet air cooling so the best solution is a case with accomodations for 120 mm fans. I like the Lite-On FS-020 because it has 3 120mm fan holes. However, if there is a case that is similar to the FS-020 and cheaper, it would be great if I am informed about it.

Last edited:
beneath a deck serves as a sound dampener itself...there are better cases though, like the sonata and slk3700amb from antec.. they actually look good, perform very well, and arent TOO big and expensive.

obliv said:
beneath a deck serves as a sound dampener itself...there are better cases though, like the sonata and slk3700amb from antec.. they actually look good, perform very well, and arent TOO big and expensive.

Err.. thanks for pointing out my spelling error (I meant desk). I don't like the punched out ANTEC on the sonata. Also, the cases you mentioned only have 2 120 mm fans. I don't know how much of a difference one more 120 mm fan can make for cooling. Can somebody inform me how much of a difference it would actually make?

I don't care how big the case is. However, the price is a matter.

ryuen said:
id just buy a huge tower and use a hole saw :D

There are two problems with that:D
1. I don't own a hole saw.
2. I don't want to be cutting into my case because I have no experience with that.

I finally purchased the Lite-On FS020 case. Now, since there is no manual for it, I need some questions answered. How do I get the top off? The front panel? How do I install a fan for the intake? If only they had included a manual...

egbert314 said:
I finally purchased the Lite-On FS020 case. Now, since there is no manual for it, I need some questions answered. How do I get the top off? The front panel? How do I install a fan for the intake? If only they had included a manual...
To get the top off, you need to remove both side panels and the front face panel. On the front face panel is a small screw that you need to unscrew, it is on the backside of the panel, inside the machine on the front wall. The big bar that goes across the whole case can be removed, it is not needed. To install a fan in the front, you can use the plastic fan housing or just remove the fan housing and screw the fan to the front of the case.

Do I just yank off the front panel after I remove the screw? Also, how do I use the fan housing? The fan housing seems securely attached to the front of the case.

That's a pretty interesting idea. However, it's a bit too late for me since I already have my Lite-On FS020 case.

egbert314 said:
Do I just yank off the front panel after I remove the screw? Also, how do I use the fan housing? The fan housing seems securely attached to the front of the case.

Anyone have the answers to these questions?

Back