• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9500 Pro or 9600 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
overclocked - the 9500pro is better. Stock - the 9500pro is better. The 9600pro consumes less power and is quieter in operation (though the 9500pro isnt concidered loud either).

Last edited:
james.miller said:
overclocked - the 9500pro is better. Stock - the 9600pro is better. The desicision is yours

I think you got the two mixed up. At stock speeds the 9500 pro is better. Overclocked, they are close. However, you (cravygravy) should be warned that the recent 9600 pros dont overclock as well as the ones tested on sites such as tomshardware.com. If you want to find out more, I suggest you use the search feature, since this topic has been much discussed in very recent past. To save you time, 9500 pro is better.

9500 Pro is far better both ways. Get the 9500 Pro fast.. before they are all gone, it's a much better card.

I would man.. when i was looking for one when i bought my crap 9600 Pro the cheapest i could find one was like 205$ Then again Newegg has some again, if theyre not gone already... if i wanted it fast i'd go Newegg.

the one on newegg is almost $30 more expensive..
I think Ill just go with this one. Speed isnt much of an issue.

Edit: well I ordered it for $153.00 Did I say speed wasnt an issue? :)

Last edited:
I just noticed that it doesnt really say that is Radeon 9500 pro, except on the box.

It also says
Graphics controller
RADEON™ 9500 Visual Processing Unit (VPU)
notice not 9500 PRO

But then specifications match 9500 pro (8 pixel pipeline, clock speeds). Also it says the original price was $190, which is way too high for a regular 9500. Still, I am worried that this isnt PRO.

I ordered the card but didnt receive it yet. I just want to make sure I ordered the right thing.

Iterestingly, pricewatch.com has this card listed under regular 9500 (if you search under 9500, this is what you will find). Maybe this was too good to be true...

if its not the pro version just send it back to them. They have the picture and all of the specs for the 9500Pro version so if its not send it back.

Back