• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

itx case ideas needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JaY_III

Senior of BX
so i went out and bought myself a ITX motherboard(17cmx17cm), 2.5" notbook HDD, and a small PSU....
The largest thing in the mix is my DVD-ROM....

So now i am wondering what to shove all this stuff into.
So here i am looking for some ideas... general size I am looking for is about 17-20cm x 20x25cm x 10cm.... so pretty small.

so if any has any idea plase drop me a line...

oh and on a side note, i did a breadbox PC a while back, so check out this linux route if you want.... total cost of that project was $4.50 canadian the price of the box... all other parts i had kicking around

cool idea... my old NES sort of works... but that might really be worth it....
I think i really am going to have to think about that, thanks for the idea....

Other thing i have been looking at was tin lunchboxes....
think i might do some garage sale hunting this weekend and see if i can come up with any other ideas....
but i am really liking the NES mod..

Parts should be in on Tuesday ;D

You could probably do some other game system mods, too. An old PSX might be cool, especially if you could somehow use the CDROM drive that it has.

How about putting it inside of a mini safe?! Your little sister will never bust your computer again! :D

the main purpose of this project is to be able to bring it to my friends homes with my projector... so the safe, being a little too heavy is out along with the drawer, as I need protibility... oh and i built my little sister (18 so i guess not that little) her own computer, along with Mom and Dad (gota put your old CPU's to use somehow).....
So no one touches mine :D

Old PS mod would be cool, but i would need to PS2 as i need the DVD player.... but it would look really good... next one maybe..

Like the car idea, seen a few and would look cool.
I like the Idea of a computer not looking like a computer...

thanks for the ideas so far...
will totally let you know how the project goes as its going on

No! A mini safe! They have little handles on top... Give me a minute. I'll post a pic.

been to the mini-itx site already.....
some ideas i did like....

Bubba Can, i got Don Cherry bubba that i could use :D
and the Ammo Can as i have acess to them too....
but not 100% sure about them...
Leaning more towards the car right now...

just did some looking today, and was checking out an Audi A4 :D Rally car baby, all Rally :D

CamH where did you get that safe BTW? As I would check it out.... No harm in checking them out now is thier.... but how thick is the metal, will a dremal be able to cut it?

THink i am gona check out the flee market, who know what that will turn up....

But as of right now leaning toward my Audi (well it will be one day, doing the VW thing right now)

if the computer will be transported and moved around a lot i was thinking of using a fishing tackle box oyu can pick one up for 7 or 8 bux and just tear out the shelves. durable and has a handle already and is nice and small.

I thought you wanted something unique...never been done before...but finding something like that is hard to do....

jAY said:

CamH where did you get that safe BTW? As I would check it out.... No harm in checking them out now is thier.... but how thick is the metal, will a dremal be able to cut it?

Lots of department stores carry them. They're fairly thin; a dremel should cut through them easily.

The safes also have handles. You would have no trouble carting off to your friends' houses.

As for the unique never been done before Idea, I would love that, but DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS!!! i have been going mad looking for ideas.
The flee market i went to, best thing i saw was a old Coke Radio, was thinging of turning that into my case... But the guy wanted $65 for this AM radio... so i turned it down... that was about the only thing that coaught my eye...

Will be checkout the safe camH, if anyone does have one (never seen one before)....

As for the pre done stuff, leaning back towards the lunhbox, (looks better than a tackle box).. and have a chance to pick one up come monday when i am downtown (getting my 1st branding)... but we will see.....

Might have to wait till i get the parts before i get going... but i can still TRY to come up with something

Back