• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

If looks are not important and you wanted a case with the best airflow, what would it be?
I would assume the case would handle multiple 120mm fans.

What case do you recomend? Please include a link if possible.

I really like the Antec Sonata…Aluminum construction, washable filter, front usb, firewire and audio ports, good power supply, excellent finish http://www.directron.com/sonata.html Paired with two of these Pansonic Panflo’s and using the standard molex connectors instead of the “fan only” connectors provides awesome cooling that is quiet http://www.directron.com/120l1a.html The Lite-On case seems to be very popular right now...:)

I have the sonata, nice case, good airflow, one gripe: not enough room inside.

cp

Kino said:
i like the TT Xaser IIIs
you could send your case to mars with the amount of fans that thing has

yea i agree, and before everyone starts complaining he said looks are NOT important. on a side note, i kinda like the look

Vote ----> Coolermaster!

Stock comes with 2 80mm intakes but can easily be modified for 2 92mm

1 80mm rear exhaust

1 120mm top blow hole [modified]

Last edited:
a good 4U rackmount -- plenty of drive space -- plenty of cooling -- in a convenient stackable shape.

I'm pretty sure i'm alone in this though :D

T

scanido said:
Vote ----> Coolermaster!

Stock comes with 2 80mm intakes but can easily be modified for 2 92mm

1 80mm rear exhaust

1 120mm top blow hole [modified]

Hehe yeah "best" is a broad definition. CoolerMaster (atcs) 110/201 are excellent cases. Stock with 4 80mm fans, but a top or fron 120mm fan is rather easily fitted (yeah you will need a saw). :)

I have a 120mm front intake on a 201 myself... loving it!

egbert314 said:
Hehehe... If price, noise, and personal comfort is no problem:
http://www.short-media.com/index.php?option=articles&task=viewarticle&artid=31&topid=1&Itemid=3

The AMK PC76-1708 case!

4 top blowholes 120 mm 108 cfm 42 Db each
7 side blowholes 120 mm 108 cfm 42 db each
4 front intake 80 mm 50 cfm 41 db each
4 rear exhaust 80 mm 50 cfm 41 db each
2 inside bottom floor 92 mm 60 cfm 39 db each
Total Airflow: 1708 CFM

All housed in a modified Lian Li PC-76 tower.
:drool:

Dont you hit a wall with air? If you need that much CFM, you would be better off with the side off and a fan blowing in.

That is alot of fans though!

cp

That case would be better than having the side off and blowing air in. The reason why that case cools the same as ambient temperature is because it moves a lot of air through the case, therefore moving the hot air quickly away from the components. If air is just blown in, there would be less cooling, I think, since the air has less places to go (only one side open).

i just got an Antec plusview1000AMG. Nice window, reusable mesh filter and front mounted USB and firewire port. and of course, plenty of room inside the case, and 5 mounts for fans. what's not to like? and at only $80 or so, it's a bargain. o and did i mention it's AMG, simply boootiful.

Back