Registered

stuck keys...help

i can't play GTAIII or this other japanese game anymore cause in the game...and only in the game...the computer registers certain keys as pressed...i've switched keyboards...rebooted...

in GTAIII the "W" and the "D" keys are perpetually down...(he just keeps walking forward-right!)

although i have no problems with other games such as Counter-Strike which also uses the "W" and the "D" keys

does anybody have an idea?

W - forward
    A - Left
    S - Back
    D - Right

Registered
    was my question too confusing?

I"m saying that in the game...the computer thinks that certain keys are pressed down when i am not pressing them down...

-sarcasm-
    thank you so very much acemastr for teaching me the keys...now i can finally play now that i know how to move
    -end sarcasm-

Inactive Pokémon Moderator JigPu's Avatar
    I would try looking though the settings for the game, though I honestly don't think you'll find much of anything there.

Also, see if there might be some program running that could be 'pushing' those keys. Only problem with that theory is that it should also be open while playing other games... But it's worth a shot I guess...

This is a weird problem... Sorry if I can't help you much with it
    JigPu
    .... ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    .... Intel Core i5 2500 ........................ 4 thread ...... 3300 MHz ......... -0.125 V
    2x ASUS GTX 560 Ti ............................... 1 GiB ....... 830 MHz ...... 2004 MHz
    .... G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage ............. 8 GiB ..... 1600 MHz ............ 1.25 V
    .... OCZ Vertex 3 ................................. 120 GB ............. nilfs2 ..... Arch Linux
    .... Kingwin LZP-550 .............................. 550 W ........ 94% Eff. ....... 80+ Plat
    .... Nocuta NH-D14 ................................ 20 dB ..... 0.35 C°/W ................ 7 V

"In order to combat power supply concerns, Nvidia has declared that G80 will be the first graphics card in the world to run entirely off of the souls of dead babies. This will make running the G80 much cheaper for the average end user."
    "GeForce 8 Series." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 7 Aug 2006, 20:59 UTC. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. 8 Aug 2006.

A couple of things you might try:
    1) Press the "stuck" key while in the game
    2) Alt+TAB out of the game, hold down one of the "stuck" keys, use the mouse to switch back to the game, and release the key.

The second trick will send the program a "key has been released" message without first sending it a "key pressed" message.

Registered
    nope that doesn't work...thanks though carnil

can you remap the keys in that game.

also in some games if you select joystick it will still allow keyboard entry -- this might helpt -- who knows.

good luck

T

Registered
    oh my god tidybowl you are my savior!...i am forever indebted to you!

i'm so happy i'm using smilies!

i had a n64 controller usb adapter...but my friend took back the n64 controller...

i just went to device manager and uninstalled it...voila!

rock on tidybowl

oh...and thanks to all the other's who contributed to this thread