• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF! I woke up to Genome and Tinkers!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
I have 9 machines in my fleet now, all running Folding with the
proper flags and whatnot.

I woke up this morning to find a mixed bag of Genome, Tinker,
and Gromacs?!?!

What exactly am I going to do with 6 Point Genomes?

me too. cept no gromacs. ive tried restarting folding like 20 times, everytime is a tinker or genome.

also a confirmed case of "genome disease" with nitro boie, spoke with him and hes having the same problem too

for now im just folding a tinker

We all are. TURN YOUR FLAGS OFF. Download a tinker. Close FAH, turn your flags back on. When your tinker finishes you might get a gromac.

I could see getting a Tinker if there weren't any gromacs on deck to download, but getting a genome when my folding client is specificly configured for FAH only sorta ticks me off a bit. This genome is only good for 1.3 points per hour on my overclocked box. Even a tinker would do better than that. If I get another genome, I'll kill it. I specificly only want FAH or I'm not interested.

uh-oh....

I'm on a Gromac at 83/100 completed. Hopefully the assignment servers will be back on by the time it's done, P4 chips don't do well on Tinker proteins.. :(

So this is why I cant stop getting Genomes, i was getting really confused, and was just about to post then a read this. So the F@H servers are down? OR is it just the Gromacs servers?

Well I hope they get it all sorted out at least by Monday. I want my 3.3 points per hour gramacs back.

I was about to reconfig everything just to make sure it was set for F@H wu only, but I guess it's not just me

Edit: what's the sense of putting that setting if it does not work? Because they will always have tinkers, it's the gromacs that they release off and on

Stanford must have set it up so your machine will do genome if it can't get any FAH wUs inspite of your FAH only configs.

I guess they want no machines in their service sitting idle. So it seems the flags and configs are just our preferances, not a rule we can set.

I got the same thing as you guys. I killed 2 Genomes this morning when I woke up, and now its on a tinker. I really hope this is a temporary problem, for the sake of our production. I'll always fold for the cause, but I would hate to see a drastic point reduction.

Gonna have to go check out the F@H boards in a bit. After breakfast.

I'm working on two gromacs that were downloaded last night around 12 EST. Hopefully I don't get something else, but if I do, oh well. :D

Hmmm...

I just got another gromacs but this one is differant.

It's 54.6 points and it's running on the same v1.48 78_core as the rest.

WOW! It's two hours faster per WU on the same box as the 53.3 point gromacs were.

Sigh... if I only could set a flag to get just these...

Last edited:
"Yea, Windows ME is the worst. It can't do anything correctly. Basicly it is 98, but more broken." Axlecrusher

ME's defrag is much better than 98's and works in 98se just fine.

Back