• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to stop da freaking pop-up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

Just recently I built a new puter for my gal and everything works fine except there is this ****ing ****ing ****ing ****ingly annoying "Messenge Service" from killmessenger.com keeps popping out:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: And I canot get rid of it:eek: I tired POW, Spybot and ad-aware, but ZERO of them worked..I am on the edge of sanity, so please help!!

If you do not use messenger then....

Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services, then scroll down to the "messenger" object and right click it. Stop the service, and change the start up type to disabled.

If you use messenger it's more complicated, and you may not be able to eliminate them.

:cool:

El<(')>Maxi said:
If you do not use messenger then....

Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services, then scroll down to the "messenger" object and right click it. Stop the service, and change the start up type to disabled.

If you use messenger it's more complicated, and you may not be able to eliminate them.

:cool:

That will definitely get rid of it.

tainice said:
i tried that one b4...more options?

Are you running the Messenger program every time the computer starts up?

Does the Messenger service still show as started, after setting it to Disabled and rebooting?

Back