• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I know that as for non dx9 cards the ti4200 rules but....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

..I know the ti4200 card is the ****zle as far as non dx9 apps.....and as for costing me less then the next best which is the 9500pro......but now the question is which ti4200 is the best...I was thinking of getting a gainward powerpack plus golden sample with 128megs of 3.6 ns ram..what do you guys think?.....thanks a TON! for the info!:D

Its a good card NOW,

But it had a resistor problem at one time. As long as you get one that has been already fixed, your golden. I had the same exact card, But for some reason My Asylum Ti4200 64mb with 4ns ram OC'd kills my gainward golden sample. Go figure.

Harry

but not a true 9700 (any version)... no 256 bit memory structure on the 9500.

iD10t said:
but not a true 9700 (any version)... no 256 bit memory structure on the 9500.

yeah, the mod unlocks the 4 pipelines and 256bit memory bus. the 9500NP/9700NP mod makes it a true 9700NP as they wer identicle except for a single resistor.

the chances of finding one of the modable cards is very slim these days and the mods only worked about 50% of the time. the cards that are modable were the very first 9500NP's that came out, soon after they were released the new unmodable version replaced it.

so what do you guys think is the best 4200 since the 9500 looks to be unmoddable(or at least not worth the 50/50 risk for me)which card maker makes the best 4200 bang per buck?

I would try to find the MSI/Abit/ASUS/Leadtek card for under 120$. If not settle for a lower brand, paying more than that for a 4200 isnt worth it imho.

I've heard good things about the new Albatron Turbo one... hear it can get past Ti4600 speeds easily. It is more expensive, but one hell-uva overclocker. Sorry I can't speak from personal experience though :)

Back