• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 2.8 P4 System Benchies...asus P4p800 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bill gates

These are just the stock settings (non overclocked). Not bad for a $275 2.8ghz chip. Going to try some overclocking in a minute, will post some more pics when I get it overclocked. I have the stock intel heatsink on it right now but I bought a Vantec Aeroflow to put on it with some Ceramique thermal paste. Hopefully it will cool better than the stock heatsink. Although I am only @ 34c right now, not to bad.

sisoft cpu.JPG

sisoft mem.JPG

Yeah I wish! Why is the 3.0ghz the only chip that ships with a copper heatsink damit! Intel is the one being cheap, only giving copper heatsinks to the highest chip and everything else is crappy aluminum.

Looking forward to your overclocking results. By the way, where did you buy the chip, and was it a Malay chip or Costa Rica? Anyway, good luck Bill. :)

Nice bench.

The cursor in the pic confuses me, I move the mouse and the cursor doesn't :)

Dont know if its a Malay or Costa Rica chip, does it say on top of the chip? I know the 3.0ghz needs better cooling than the rest but it sure would be nice to have a intel copper heatsink so you could push the limits of your cpu right out of the box without having to buy an aftermarket cooler.

Oh yeah, I bought it at Newegg.com I paid for next day air shipping and the total came to $300 exactly. Not too bad. Kicks butt over my Athlon/Nforce2 setup.

Update: It is a Malay chip. I just put on my Vantec Aeroflow and it dropped the cpu temps down by about 5-7 degress celsius or 10-12 farenheit. Pretty good for how quiet it is. Almost twice as quiet as the stock cooler...

Thanks for the info Bill. I am planning on ordering the same chip tomorrow morning from Newegg. Hopefully, we will both be posting about our nice big overclocks soon. :)

overclocked screens

Here are some results from my 1st overclock. I used the AI overclocker in the Asus bios and just set it to 20% system overclock and it booted right up no problems. The amazing thing is I am running this 2.8ghz @3.36ghz and the temp of the cpu is still at 28 c!!!!!!!!!!! Thats awesome.

10% temps.jpg

20% overclock.jpg

20% sandra cpu.jpg

cpu-z 20%.jpg

Last edited:
Oops, I guess the image server I was using quit working. Anyone know where I can have some pics hosted at?

Back