• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best overclocker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jenova

just wandering wot the best overclocker is our of
a 1700XP
and a 2000XP???
and wot XP's come factroy unlocked?????:D

oh yeah and what is everybodies highest overclock for these 2 chips????

1700 is the best out of the two as far as i know, they can hit around the 2.5GHz mark with good cooling and quality components. The thoroughbreds come unlocked but only some motherboards can do it. IF you're motherboard doesnt support it I think they can be unlocked by connecting just the 5th L1, witch isnt too dificult, someone may correct me here though:p

A 1700+ JUIHB DLT3C (which can be bought here). The DLT3Cs have a lower default voltage, allowing them to be overclocked higher. The DUT3C 1700+ chips generally do decently (see my sig) with good cooling. I have never heard of a 2000+ getting a high overclock. Both of those chips will be unlocked on newer motherboards (i.e. nForce2).

all of the newer steppings seem to be topping out at around 2.5, more if you going extreeme. You may get a 'faster' chip, but it will probabally oc to about the same point as the 'slower' 1700.

They are both good overclockers but if I were you I would spend $50 more and get an MP because they come unlcoked. You can easily get 2000+ speeds with a 1700+.

Thank You,
Daniel

The 1700+! all thb & bartons are unlocked on Nforce & kt400 mobo's. :)

Xp2000+ are either palominos or T-bred A's only (2ghz or below is your expected OC'ed speed) ...... haven't heard of or seen an XP2000+ T-bred B

XP1700+ DUT3C or DLT3C JIUHB's are T-bred B's with the DLT3C being a newer revision ..... and slightly better ...... DUT3C's could reach 2.4ghz and up as well with watercooling or better ..... DLT3C's overclock well even with less voltage but you'll need a very good PSU to go with it

I have an AMD 1700 DLT3C Jiuhb 0310 XPMW. it could run semi stable on 1.725vcore and 2.5ghz, but i retried my o/c and i got 2.35 on only 1.62Vcore so im kinda hoping for 2.6.

1700 by far. Mine hits 2.5 at 1.9v on air cooling. As for your question about which is faster....they will be just as fast at the same clock speeds...am I misunderstanding what you are asking?

just brought my 1700xp today
so wots u's are saying i can get it upto like 2.3GHZ
????

I had a XP2100 aiuhb and a XP1700 DLT3C. After testing them both the 1700 turned out to be the better OC'er. The 2100 did up to 2.4 gigs @ 1.85v and the 1700 did 2.5 at the same voltage. So I say go with the 1700.

KKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAa
whats fan's your guys using????

I have 2 1700+ DLT3C chips as listed in my sig. I am using the TT Smart Fan II on both of them. This fan is speed adjustable so that you can choose how loud to run it. With the computer case put together, I don't think it is too loud at max speed; although my computers are in my home office and not in my bedroom.

I had a 3rd 1700+ DLT3C chip which I sold to a friend. It would run 2.3 GHz also, but it required 1.75 volts in order to be stable.

Ok, just to add my 2 cents. My 2000+ TBred A is crap. Go for the 1700+. Also, I got the EPox 8RDA and mine wont let me change the multis even tho my chip is factory unlocked and my mobo is a NF2... :(

Back