• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some case advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BradJoeB

Registered
Hey i'm new to the boards and i have a quick question?
What do you guys think of a completely acrylic case?
would it get too hot? even with 5 80mm case fans

I don't like them in general. There is no place to hide wires and as far as I know they are held together by glue. Mainly I couldn't hide wires so it would look bad, but to temps I really don't know but with five good fans in the right spots you will have plenty of airfolw.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! You will not have a problem with the Acrylic cases melting unless it is exposed to direct flames!:eek: they are nice cases and if you get one, post some pics after it is completed.( well assembled at least since a computer is never "done"):cool:

They are out there if you want one. I dont like them personally.

I really dont know who started this whole " show your computer guts" thing, but who cares about a mess of wires? you could save some money and just turn your stereo around.

cp

If i were you i would not go with a totally akryilik case... Besides how bad it looks there are a lot of down points to that type of case. If you are looking for a case that you want to make look cool in the inside i would buy a antec or lian-li with the side window clear stock... I think that would suit your need for whatever you would want to do :)

i'm not as much worried about the case melting as much as my cpu, motherboard, or other cards overheating when overclocked. I heard that the plastic isn't as conductive as a metal case. But i'm using all uv sensitive cables and cable cover's and i will definately post pictures.

Thanks for the help!!!

I do not like them. No point in showing off the entire inerts of a system. Windows on side and top sure thats good looking, but noone wants to see the back of a MB. Its just an eyesore to me.

Use the money you would pay on an acrylic case and get a really nice aluminum case with a window.

Check out this case instead of all acrylic. I love this case, if it ONLY had 120mm fans it would be perfect... :(

http://www.directron.com/201tblk.html

Last edited:
Back