• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Newbie's Guide to Overclocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
worldworks said:
ok here's a question is there some type on sealant top of the AMD Duron 1.600 processor stoping me from using the pencil trick on L1

that why i got the duron 1.6, i thought it would be ez to oc. i all so have a xp 1.8+ but the L1 has been cut deep so i would need to get the xp oc kit and that i would need to order

If I remember correctly all you have to do is scratch the sealant crap from in-between the bridges with a needle, exacto knife, or something similar. I would do some research though before you take my word for gospel. Sorry I didnt respond sooner, I have been inactive for quite a while now.

If you want to use your other CPU you do not necessarily have to buy an XP unlocking kit. All you need to do is fill in the gaps with super glue, and buy some conductive paint to paint the bridges. Rear-window defogger paint, which can be found at most auto-parts stores, works well.

With best regards,
Tray

You can't use a pencil trick with Duron 1.6 because Duron 1.6 is based on T-Bred and Barton processor modules. This means new 1.6 durons are super locked like new desktop Bartons.

You'll have to use the default 12 x multiplier on 1.6 Duron.

The only Athlon XP CPUs guaranteed to be unlocked these days are the 2100+ Thoroughbred B (not A, not Palomino) and any mobile Barton CPU.

Superlocked:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=244237

Back