Thread: My first mod

Registered

My first mod

For my first mod I decided to do something simple, so I stealthed my CD-RW. Here are the pics.

Sorry about the quality...I don't have a digital camera so I had to use my webcam.

Thumbs up

Very nice work, I should do that too someday.

Good work, I love my stealthed drives. Its funny when a friend comes over and says "Where did your DVD and CR-RW go?" and then I show them. Its pretty funny and they get a kick out of it.

Also, the quality of your webcam doesnt seem that bad. I have seen some really crappy/ grainy ones.
    i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
    Asus Rampage II GENE
    2x BFG GTX285
    6GB Crucial Dominator 1600
    Crucial 750TX

Help find cures for cancer by running Folding @ Home.

HEATWARE

Registered
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Well now that I've done the easiest mod does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do next?

yeh, did you screw it in, or used the plastic things (dont know the meaning of the utility)

oh and, what case is that? who built it? how much?
    i do love your case, very cool
    thanks

Pretty nice, now if only we had a way to truly hide those ugly but needed floppy drives.

Try a glowpad or some kind of creative window(other than the same boring side ones) for your next mod.

Registered
    Hawky

I attached it using double sided tape (I know its not great, but it's all I had lying around the house )

The case is called the EZ4000, and I got it last September from PC Canada, but they don't carry them anymore. It was $80 CND when I got it.

I checked out this new computer store that just opened right by my house called PC2Cell and they had a case that was almost exactly the same. The place wasn't that great and the guy there didn't seem to knowledgable, but they did have some nice cases. I think that would be the only thing I would buy from there. (PC2Cell )

Paradox

What exactly is a glowpad?

I was thinking of putting a window in my CD-ROM and two seperate windows in the top of the case once I get my Dremel. Are windows really hard to do?

Thanks again for the comments guys.

Sweet mod, you did a better job than I managed. I've got an Antec 1240 but could'nt get the face plates to be flat with the case so I took them off. Anyone know how to do it? I seemed the pre-fit drive rails wouldn't go back far enough..

Drill new holes in the rails.

I really , like that mod , the case is kick thoin , but whats that bulge on the side pannel?
    *Athlon 1800 DUT3C @2100mhz 200x10.5
    *Abit NF-7 s
    *40 gig 7200 Maxtor
    *Radeon 9500 softmodded to 9500 pro (Very minor glitches) @312/303mhz
    512megs of 2700 twinmos ddr
    *3dmark 2001 13400 /2003 - 3470

A propper pub culture such as the one we have here in Ireland leads to a better educated and more socially aware population.

Looks like some sort of fan to me...
    AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T @ 3.6GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P | 4GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | 1GB GDDR5 EVGA GTX 550 Ti @ 1025MHz Core/2050MHz Shading/2350MHz Memory

OVER 24 GHz OF SETI CRUNCHING SWEETNESS -Searching for little green men since 06/11/1999!

Registered
    Here are some pics of the side pannel.

Same thing on the other side pannel.

Is that bulge able to accomodate a fan or is it just a passive vent, im interested because teh caselooks good and an excellent job on the drives makes it all the more appealing and if you read below im unfortunately in the market for a new case.

BTW: Im glad your mod went better than mine, i screwed up my window, and left an ugly hole which now has a piece of plexi velcored to the outside, talk about tooless entry.