• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this temperature ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scottb2k

Registered
2.4C
IC7-G
SLK800U+TT SmartFan2+AS Ceramique

Had it at 260x12(stock voltages, memory on auto)...ran prime95 for about an hour...MBM said my highest temp was 55c

How is that looking?

From some of the temps I have read on the board that seems a bit high to me....

Well, again, I'll say this. The ABIT boards have a tendancy to show higher temps... But then again... I'm not sure. If it's actually running at that speed, it may be a bit high.

Its fine...but run Prime95 for a good 10-15 hours and watch the temps. If it stays at 55C at full load then its fine

With that abit board i would say your ok, your probly around 50C... BUT it always nicer to get the temps down as you are going to have a more stable CPU with a lower Temp

Abit boards report the CPU roughly 10 degrees higher than the real temps. I had a BD7-II RAID that reported my CPU as 45/55c. I recently replaced the board with an Asus P4P800 DX and my CPU temps dropped to 35/45c.

So if your Abit is 55c under load, your are totally fine. It's really 45c (at least likely).

scottb2k said:
2.4C
IC7-G
SLK800U+TT SmartFan2+AS Ceramique

Had it at 260x12(stock voltages, memory on auto)...ran prime95 for about an hour...MBM said my highest temp was 55c

How is that looking?

From some of the temps I have read on the board that seems a bit high to me....

for that particular board those temps are absolutely normal.

Back