• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If teh softmod fails, you can undo it and have a 9500...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only damage done will be to your heart. I know I had my hopes set pretty high that my card would be successful. Thank goodness it worked.

D2DM said:
If the softmod doesn't work the hardmod won't work either.

Really? The softmod is software based, correct? Just playing w/ the drivers to get a different result.

I was thinking that there are a lot of factors to take into consideration when doing that, like what OS etc, but w/ the hardmod, you just do it right to the card.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that I thought because the hardmod is more to the point, as it were, that you could hardmod a card if the softmod didn't work, and get the result you wanted.

Q: If I have artifacts when using hacked drivers, will I also have them if I hardmod the card?

A: Yes. You will.

I was under the impression that hardmod simply made the mod permanent whereas you would have to re do the mod every time you reinstall drivers, reformat, etc. If one of the pipelines is damaged, you cannot fix it, now matter what you do.

Back