• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good heatsink for A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

man_utd

Hey, going to OC a friends computer, and noticed that the Sk7-9 don't fit on this board. So what would be a good alternate in yall's opinion?

interesting since I had a slk-800a mounted on my A7n8X Deluxe rev 1.04 with a Tt2 fan on it...

hitechjb1 said:
SK7 and SLK-800U should fit.

on the U that depends on if it is a 1.0 version...the .0's did not have the MB mounting holes

glock19owner said:
interesting since I had a slk-800a mounted on my A7n8X Deluxe rev 1.04 with a Tt2 fan on it...

on the U that depends on if it is a 1.0 version...the .0's did not have the MB mounting holes

I did not realize some do not have the mounting holes. I assume it is rev. 1.04 or later.

For SLK-800, if mb has the 4 mounting holes, it is better to get the U-version since the HS is very heavy, and the mounting with holes should be more secure.

I am using the SLK-800U w/ the A7N8X-DLX rev 1.04 without any problem.

I have a Vantec Aeroflow and it works really well. My 2100+ is running at 2.25Ghz and my temps never exceed 40C under load. The Vantec also is pretty quiet.

Back