• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there anyway to reverse airflow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hurk

Call me Joe Idiot. Why? When I mounted my 120mm fan onto my HC, I mounted it the wrong way. I also used JBWeld instead f nuts, because I couldn't get them on.

Anyways, Without removing the fan, is there a simple way to make the fan go the other way?

From what i remember computer fans are like stepper motors, not like regular motors so reversing the polarity will simply not let the chip inside work, and hence the fan will not turn.
Sorry i couldn't help :( :( :(
xb-70

Can't do it to most fans. The ones you can do it to, you'll get a LOT less air flow due to design of the blades.

Like they said before, even if you could get it to turn the other way, the blades would be turning the wrong direction.

I think Toysrme was suggesting you take the fan blades off (just take the hub and all off, not the individual ones) and flip it around the other way. This would work as long as you can flip your HC around.

^^ That wouldn't work.

If you turn any propellor type device 180deg. You'll note the blades are still positioned in the same way, they'll just be very ineffecient because they now have horrible aerodynamics. The aiflow still travels in the same direction, just not nearly as well.

I was suggesting turn the ENTIRE fan backwards...

EX: If you want to suck air off a heatsink, turn the fan upside down.

Might aswell break the fan off and do it again.

Back