• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good fan for the p4 2.4c?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vexx

Im going to be ordering the cpu and mobo soon what fan should I get? not something super spencive but not really cheap like a stock fan.. :D

don't you mean hsf(heatsink and fan)???? and umm i use a thermal take hsf they make good ones so i'd check out there solutions for something that is cheap but make sure its atleast got a copper base.

yeah I do mean hsf but Im a newbie :D to these boards hehe

the Intel HSF is pretty good and you can get a decent OC with it

check the heatsink roundup to help you decide which aftermarket HS to go with

SLK-800/900
Alpha PALxxxx
SwiftTech MCX400
-just to name a few

If cheap and good performing is what you're after, I'd recommend the Thermaltake Volcano 7.

It has 3 speed settings on the fan, allowing you some quite time when not pushing the CPU :)

there is also the Zalman 7000cu all-copper which i decided to go with for my 2.4C. i can't give ya temps yet, cause i'm still waiting for my Artic Silver 3, but there are about 4 popular ones i've read about. the most popular seems to be the SLK900 with a 92mm fan that pushes about 60-70cfm's at about 35db.

Back