• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to buy Lian-Li PC-65B....where should I order one from?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ge|atinousFury

I'm having trouble finding a Lian-Li PC-65B case from a reputable vendor on the internet. Most sites only have the PC-65, not the PC-65B which is the black version. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

CChaos said:

Thanks!!!! I'm ordering the case tomorrow:) I'm ordering the black aluminum kit to go on my Prometia and this is the case that matches it.....I don't want to pay more for a pre-modded pc-65B when I can do it myself.

By the way, CChaos......how do you like the case?

I own a PC-65B and personally do not think it is worth the money...bought into the hype...I have the same system temps as when I had a full steel case...and modding the steel case was easier then on the aluminium case

glock19owner said:
I own a PC-65B and personally do not think it is worth the money...bought into the hype...I have the same system temps as when I had a full steel case...and modding the steel case was easier then on the aluminium case

I'm currently using an Antec SX1030B, but I've wanted an aluminum case for a long time now. And since I'm getting a Prometia I really want something that can match it visually, and if my information is correct the only cases that will match a Prometia are the pc-65 and the pc-65b. Thanks for your input, though:)

Dont get me wrong...they are nice...but the hype is just that...hype...so if you were getting it on the basics that it will lower you system temps (like I did)...then you would of been disappointed like me and a bunch of other people...

glock19owner said:
Dont get me wrong...they are nice...but the hype is just that...hype...so if you were getting it on the basics that it will lower you system temps (like I did)...then you would of been disappointed like me and a bunch of other people...

Got it. I have heard that the system temps will be lowered a bit, but I never actually knew or not.

anyone have any idea how the pc65b will compare to my current http://www.svc.com/blacalchenxp.html im sure the fans used in the lian are better quality, and the removeable mobo tray is a huge nice plus. Im selling this current one, along with the rest of my system, im hoping it can keeps things cooler then this one, as this one did a pretty good job. I want to try to find it for about 135 or less shipped. Plus i want to choose my own psu, instead of this shiesty 420 tubrolink

The fans in the PC65 are nothing special; ball bearing. There's another Lian-Li that has two rear exhaust fans (instead of PC65's one) in the same case; I'd look into that on. There's just kind of a dead spot in the PC65 in that area with no way to mount another without hacking the case. CompUsa also carries a Lian-Li PC65 model made for them in the showroom at a reasonable price; check it out for yourself if you have one.
IMHO get the aluminum for looks; you won't notice a big difference in cooling - fans and airflow alone make the biggest difference.

If you don't go into the purchase expecting revolutionary case cooling then I think you will be very happy with your purchase. Its a case not a miracle after all. But that said its a really nice case to work on if you are in it all the time. There is an amazing attention to detail. One of my favorite things about this case is that all of the wires from the power switch reset switch etc all bundle together and can be disconnected in the middle of the wire. This way the motherboard tray can be slid out without disconnecting and reconnecting all of these wires. A small thing really but its that type of little extra stuff that really makes all the difference.

I think the blowhole on the top makes up for the lack of 2 exhausts, but then again, what do i know? As long as it can keep my stuff faily cool with good airflow im gonna be happy, I love the looks and craftsmanship of lian-li's. It'd be cool if the exhuast was a 120mm :), but really its a fairly decent price for a lianli, window already, all those nice features you'd expect from lian-li im sure it cools pretty well, just as well as my current if not better? (better is better, dont get me wrong) but i need a new case and just like everyone is saying the alienware clones are getting ollllllllld

Agreed with Grimdeath, the fans in the PC65 are not really that great, ADDA branded, ball-bearing and very quiet, but not very good performance either. As for the case overall, I would agree with the other that it is very nice. I have the PC-60 (the same, but no window) and all the convenience features in the case make it worth the price in my mind.
If you want something even better, Cooler Master would be a nice choice as well, but an Aluminium case of this brand would be very expensive.

so what, if i replaced the 3 adda fans with maybe SF II's or something of the sort, it would keep cooler?

i really like the motherboard tray.. saves you alot of time when you go replacing that heatsink.. =d

that is if you're one of those ppl that likes to remove the board from teh case =d

it might not be useful for water cooling but the majority of the ppl on these forums and home users are Running on Air =d

Back