• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New window

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The lexan is cut out and temporarily fitted now...thought I had some clear silicon in the shed to seal it in with, but I havent, so Ill fetch some tomorrow. Also picking up my cathode tomorrow with a bit of luck. More pics soon

OK, pic with the lexan fitted and the wiring tidied up a bit. This pic would have also had the lighting fitted, but I got it home, plugged it in and the invertor started belching out smoke, so thats going back tomorrow.

window2.jpg

Very nice, the only thing is that the holes kinda run into it and makes it look not quite as nice but that cannot really be helped so great job:D

Well Im taking the burnt out cathode back today...hopefully the replacement I get for it will work this time

Light has been started...heres a pic with just a 10cm cathode put in the bottom drive cage...looks much better in real life, the big glaring bright spots only seem to show up to the camera. Eventually Ill be modding the drive cage slightly so I can fix the cathode in more securely, and adding a second, bigger cathode to the bottom of the case, and re-routing the wire for the cathode switch to the outside of the case, havent yet decided if thatll be going on the front or the back, but thats going to be tomorrow nights job.

light.jpg

its already hidden inside the drive cage..as I said, it only looks that way on the camera. In real life its nowhere near as bright as that..Ill try and get a better pic later

The top half of the case contains the PSU, 3 optical drives (1 IDE DVDRom, 1 SCSI CDRW and 1 SCSI CDRom), my custom built 7 fan controller, my LCD panel and all the attached cables for said items. Also has cables for my internal USB hub and front mounted headphone socket. Its tidy up there, but nothing much to look at :)

I really like how you took a relatively simple procedure/base design (just an open window with molding), and made it into something really impressive. Good work :)

Almost done now...Just finished extending and re-routing the cathode switch cables to mount it on the front panel, as seen in this pic:

light.jpg

and heres the same view, but with the flash off:

dark.jpg

All thats left to do now is add a second cathode to the bottom of the case, but that wont be happening till next pay day :)

Back