• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New window

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_slh_

Just got finished cutting it out. Cut with a jigsaw, cleaned up with a cordless drill and grinding bit, then finished with a file. Molding is made from the insulation from 4mm black cable split down the middle with a sharp knife. I have some lexan waiting to go in it at work (forgot to bring it home on friday) and after that its just a case of cleaning up the wires a bit more, swapping the fan grill for a laser cut one, and adding some lighting.
window.jpg

thanks, Ill post more (and better) pics later, when Ive got the lexan cut and fitted and Ive bought and fitted the lighting

nice, i like the way you kept the fan in, i may do someting similar on my window since i was worreid about what do do with the fan. Nice mod!

nice, i like the way you kept the fan in, i may do someting similar on my window since i was worreid about what do do with the fan. Nice mod!
]

you could always cut a hole in the window

_slh_ said:
Just got finished cutting it out. Cut with a jigsaw, cleaned up with a cordless drill and grinding bit, then finished with a file. Molding is made from the insulation from 4mm black cable split down the middle with a sharp knife. I have some lexan waiting to go in it at work (forgot to bring it home on friday) and after that its just a case of cleaning up the wires a bit more, swapping the fan grill for a laser cut one, and adding some lighting.
window.jpg

thats very good looking, also its very unique looking window

BlueWraith said:
Looks good. Off topic.. but what are the white strips on the bottom of the case, under the mobo?

Those are the rails for the cdrom drive bays. If you ever owned an antec/antec clone case, youd see those.

Like Azeroth says, theyre spare drive rails. I did think about carrying it up to the top of the case, but theres nothing really worth seeing in the top half...a PSU, the back end of 3 optical drives, and a jumble of cable, so I left it at that

Yeah, since that's a full tower there's really nothing to see up top, that's why i like the design so much.

i really like the broken up look it has. the fan in the middle is really neat looking.the molding is very clean also. very good job.

ps- those antec full towers are great. i love mine.

Back