• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR/SDR Ramsinks on a Radeon 9500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tekkism

Registered
I was gonna buy an 8 pack of the DDR/SDR long ramsinks ( tweakmonster), 4 for my mosfets, and 4 for my radeon. But i kno my radeon memory is BGA size. So will the DDR/SDR ramsinks work as well as the BGA ramsinks? or will it hurt performance/heat dissapation. I wanna buy it tomorrow. So help me out. Thanks.

I took a pack of these ramsinks from Thermaltake used a hacksaw and benchgrinder to fashion individual sinks for each ram chip. Usually 3 fins x 4 fins. I was able to get an extra 20mhz of overclock after adding those. I'm happy with the result and it cost only 9 bucks for the kit. No problems so far and the ram seems to hold in place. On BGA, just make sure that the weight isn't too much else you might rip the chips off.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get a camera.

Thermaltake Ramsinks

Yeah, if you're one of us poor fools that has the Infineon 3.3ns crap memory, then just save yourself the money for something else. They just completely shut down at like 297 or 303 depending on how lucky you are -- and it's NOT because of heat. They get luke warm at best...

I think I recall some people having luck vmodding these puppies into the stratosphere, but I can't find any of those threads at the moment.

I have a 9500pro with inf 3.3 and it runs fine at 370/310... I might be able to go more but I dont really see a need to push it up the the max. I also got the kit from TT and just cut the sinks. Here are a few pics. the sinks on the back came with my Icbq4 fan. You will have to cut a little bit of the plastic off the power connector so you can bend it up, otherwise the sink wont fit on one of the front sinks.

vcard2.jpg

vcard1.jpg

You will need all 8 of the RAM sinks on your card, if you plan on using more on your modfets get another set. Otherwise you will have some RAM without sinks on them. It makes a difference and also do a quick lapping on them, mine were really uneven.

how do i lap them? w/ sandpaper? if so, wat kinda grit......

Bashar said:
I have a 9500pro with inf 3.3 and it runs fine at 370/310... I might be able to go more but I dont really see a need to push it up the the max. I also got the kit from TT and just cut the sinks. Here are a few pics. the sinks on the back came with my Icbq4 fan. You will have to cut a little bit of the plastic off the power connector so you can bend it up, otherwise the sink wont fit on one of the front sinks.

That's exactly what mine looks like. Well, not exactly. I have the blue sinks on both sides of the card, eight in all and I'm running the stock hsf. I like the red pcb, blue sinks and black hsf look. Color scheme works well.

I too have the 3.3 Infineon, but I've had it up to 325 max so far. I usually run at 315 just to be safe.

Back