• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS it worth it to switch my case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

I already have a steel chieftec dragon but it's big and heavy and the 5x80mm fans are getting perdy noisy cuz i hafta keep this thing on the desk because it wont fit on the side thing i have for my desk. im thinking about gettingthis case and selling my current case with this power supply that i got for it off of ebay. should i upgrade? and where should i sell my old case if i do upgrade?

If the noise is bothering you the most, then I would suggest just getting a fan controller to lower the voltages on your fans. It will be cheaper, and less of a hassle. Also, that PSU that comes with the x-sonic case might not be quite good enough, I have never heard of Turbolink power supplies before. If you do go ahead with the new case, keep your current power suppy and sell the dragon with the 350 watt supply that would come with the x-sonic.
If the smaller x-sonic will fit in your desk much better, then upgrade if you want, but I would recommend keeping your PSU.

thanks. i'm really thinking about just keeping my case. the fans arent really loud but they seem like it because the computer is on top of the desk right next to my head. i think i will switch cases if i can find someone local willing to buy mine so i dont have to hassle with shipping. if i get the smaller one i will be able to have it on this tray that holds it by the floor on the side of my puter desk .then my puter prolly wont seem so loud.

Turbolink power supplies suck. I just swapped out my 420W Turbolink for a 350W Fortron, and it's a lot better.

Your chieftec is a great case. If noise is a problem, go to bigger and slower fans.

92mm fans fit great in the back with a little modding:

wentao-inside.jpg

and you can always put a 120mm blowhole on top.

There's no need for a fan controller if you run the fans at 7V.

i could prolly just get new case fans. cuz i just unplugged everything but my cpu fan and alls i hear is a pretty quiet buzzing.

Back